Realistically who should Chris Weidman fight next?

I think Costa smashes Chris and Brunson vs Chris would be interesting but...... I think Brunson wins that.

Costa is still a big (no pun intended) unknown for me. Will be interesting to see how he handles some wrestling pressure. Perhaps him vs Weidman would be the best fight right now.

costa or maybe cannonier if he beats anderson, maybe hall or brunson.

theres a bunch of matchups really.

If Cannonier beats Anderson beats Silva, id say thats an awesome fight

Costa is borderline top 10. He should do the job. Weidman needs a lesser opponent, no more top5s for him.

H'e kept a high rank because of the caliber of opponents he's faced. imo
Lol what? So if I fight all top ranked guys, even if they all finish me I should still be ranked high with them?? Weird logic .

I don't completely disagree, but one win in 4 years.... and that makes ya #6 is kinda crazy (division wise) -- Don't really adhere to rankings, but it is what it is. MW is a proper cluster fuck since Silva anyways.

I think it is definitely unusual but looking at the guys who are ranked below Weidman I don't see anybody with a strong claim that they should rank above him, also considering that he is a former champ and has a recent win over the guy who is fighting for the belt next.

Anyway UFC rankings are what they are. Nate Diaz is still ranked at LW despite not having fought in almost 4 years, that kind of says it all.

Lol what? So if I fight all top ranked guys, even if they all finish me I should still be ranked high with them?? Weird logic .

Not that weird, imo. Look at the other side of the coin: if nobody ranked below you beats you, or beats the guys who beat you, then why should they jump over you?

Not that weird, imo. Look at the other side of the coin: if nobody ranked below you beats you, or beats the guys who beat you, then why should they jump over you?
Guys should move up the ranks of they go on winning streaks and you go on to lose 4 of 5 fights by brutal finishes. It's not like he lost some close fights man. I could see the argument if it was all decision losses and they fights were close. But constantly losing to top guys should keep getting you lower rank guys in your next fights.

Guys should move up the ranks of they go on winning streaks and you go on to lose 4 of 5 fights by brutal finishes. It's not like he lost some close fights man. I could see the argument if it was all decision losses and they fights were close. But constantly losing to top guys should keep getting you lower rank guys in your next fights.

This is more a critique of UFC matchmaking (which I agree with btw) than of Weidman's current rank in itself. As far as rankings go, both aspects aure usually considered (streak + quality of opponent).

H'e kept a high rank because of the caliber of opponents he's faced. imo

Agreed...

He only lost to the elite of the elite in the division and he has a recent win over Gast.

Also.... I’d be fine with him getting a fight with someone in the #15-#9 ranking... Give him a notch down... Not a non-ranked fighter... but not an absolute world beater either...

I’d be fine with Branch, Brunson, Theo, Tavares, Hall, Antonio CJ... Someone he should beat, but won’t be a steamrolling either...

He is currently rank # 6 but i think he needs and deserves a step down in comp for his next two or so fights.

I'm thinking someone outside the top ten.

Maybe Till if he moves up or Tim Boetsch could be a fun one.

Who would you like to see teh Chris face next?

Dude Tim Boetsch retired after his last loss to Akhmedov if I remember correctly

Back