Really getting tired of this UFC new era of trash talking.

After Nunes confronted shevchenko I was like here we go again with the same shit.. this is really getting tired. First it was Sonen, then Ronda and Conor made a bunch of money by talking shit but it is also about the style and the circumstances. Sonnen is just a natural troll. Diaz are just stupid... Conor has a unique style of shit talking and that's why he sells plus his style of fighting sells as well. Ronda was just an invincibly fighter myth that the UFC created. Talking shit and confront other fighters does not necessarily sells fights (maybe I'm wrong?) and there is always the risk of end up like a fool/clown if you lose. So what's the deal and obsession now in days for shit talking? And yes that includes Khabib my favorite fighter (before you criticize me). What happened with respect? Don't you miss classy fighters like Fedor, GSP, Sakuraba, etc?... Currently the only classy fighters are probably wonderboy and Sage (but there's is something wrong with this kid IMO).
<{gspressed}>
There's nothing inherently disrespectful about calling a fighter out. It's a competition. Saying "I can beat this guy", is not the same thing as "This guy sucks". Stop being so sensitive.
You can talk shit and still have a respect for your opponent's skill as a fighter.

It's definitely annoying, makes the UFC feel like WWE, kids and dumb people like it though and they make up a big percentage of the US so the UFC will continue pandering to them.

they were talking shit in combat sports before Sonnen was born lol

200.gif

...didn't read

After Nunes confronted shevchenko I was like here we go again with the same shit.. this is really getting tired. First it was Sonen, then Ronda and Conor made a bunch of money by talking shit but it is also about the style and the circumstances. Sonnen is just a natural troll. Diaz are just stupid... Conor has a unique style of shit talking and that's why he sells plus his style of fighting sells as well. Ronda was just an invincibly fighter myth that the UFC created. Talking shit and confront other fighters does not necessarily sells fights (maybe I'm wrong?) and there is always the risk of end up like a fool/clown if you lose. So what's the deal and obsession now in days for shit talking? And yes that includes Khabib my favorite fighter (before you criticize me). What happened with respect? Don't you miss classy fighters like Fedor, GSP, Sakuraba, etc?... Currently the only classy fighters are probably wonderboy and Sage (but there's is something wrong with this kid IMO).

I agree with you whole heartedly.

UFC and Boxing love the WWE antics. I personally hate it, but that's the world we live in.

I'm getting real tired of idiots acting like shit talking is a new thing. There was just as much shit talking back in the old days
Youre not wrong. Theres just more avenues now. Twitter, more interviews, tmz..it does seem alot less genuine and more forced tho. Theres always been bad blood, but now it seems ppl try to force it.

This era of MMA in the UFC has turned into WWE 2.0.

Anyone that says this shit is either an idiot or a like whore. "The UFC is turning into the WWE!" "The UFC sucks now!" "I miss the days when there was no trash talking and every fighter was respectful!"

similar to the youtube kids

"wish i was born in the 40s era, wrong generation xD"

Youre not wrong. Theres just more avenues now. Twitter, more interviews, tmz..it does seem alot less genuine and more forced tho. Theres always been bad blood, but now it seems ppl try to force it.

I don't know. Pride and early UFC had some pretty WWE esc moments

Storylines are part of the hurt game, dont like storylines go watch curling

Muhammad Ali does not approve of this thread

There are a bunch of classy fighters out there, you just can't help but pay more attention to the shit talkers. Which is why you're making a thread about them, and justifying their reason for talking shit in the first place!

I don't know. Pride and early UFC had some pretty WWE esc moments
True. Ken/Tito press conference comes to mind. But some fighters were just that way. Some still are. Now it seems like some that arent are forcing themselves to be. Holloway comes to mind. Nothing against him, but he used to talk differently.

I guess even "Im not eempressed wit your performance" was an indication of forced hype.. "I wanna fuck Chuck".. old beefs seemed more genuine and emotion fueled than MOST now.

We all hate Ronda, but at least her pre fight drama was real, to her at least

Facing off in the ring in anticipation of a future showdown is a very old custom. Wanderlei & Chuck staring each other down comes to mind, but I know there are older examples.

Back