Recent fights/results/news from Europe

Enjoy! Moroșanu was counted in the first round (!), but then... And Adegbuyi knocked Mihajlevic down but unfortunately this is his first boxing fight finished on decision!

Last edited:
Kingshenko vs Lidon next, Kyshenko is going to send Lidon into retirement route after this one.

how long do you think it will take for this fights be uploaded?

zcVELo9.jpg

Last edited:
In Romania it"s just stacked. In Arad at Colosseum the arena was also full (they had sold out with Gafencu).

Last edited:
Pro TV between 23:20 and 00:00, rating 5.9 and share 28.1 (!). 1 out of 3 TVs were on Pro TV, we didn"t have such a share in kickboxing since the 2012 season of Superkombat! And imagine we have dozens of televisions, at least 10 individual sports televisions, at least 10 political & news and 10 private/cultural. Not to mention the film industry.

Kickboxing overall draws again 4th in Romania after football, tennis and handball. It"s very comparable with boxing in Britain nowadays or with the Dutch kickboxing emulation in the past. It can show it can still draw huge numbers, and honestly our kickboxing is alive even after Ghiță and Moroșanu will retire. We have rising Cozmâncă, Gafencu, etc.

We have at least a league of 12 in any division, to do it even without the past money of SK.

Look at this Dutch guy how informed he is! http://kickboxingz.com/dfs-4-ratings-hit-romania

Last edited:
The Bash Brothers @muaythaiauthority on Facebook

and
They call him the Spartan, and he delivers two insane knockouts at Superkombat Fighting Championship.

Keep an eye out for the flying mouthpiece in the second one.

Hehe, Red Cairo

Watching a lot of kickboxing now on their channel..

And some other Romanian, Alex Bublea, is cleaning the British circuit but he is a kind of Muay Thai compared to Andrei Ostrovanu. Anyway, nothing much, Bublea lost to Skordillis via KO (was in Superkombat several times, not much of a fighter). I don"t think Bublea is pretty good, the British circuit is just average with some exceptions.

I see he is in Thailand now, Nong-Oh Sitpaesai any good or obscure?

9oO2N4Z.jpg

Wow, what a good result for the Romanian kickboxing!!!

22-year old Sorin Caliniuc beat both Dylan Salvador and Khayal Dzhaniev (beat Christian Baya), in the same night to win the tournament (!). Khayal Dzhaniev actually is also in Glory now, after beating Buakaw and also fought Superbon and Sittichai in decisions. And unfortunately Amansio Paraschiv lost to Edy Ruiz (split decision).

The winner won 20.000. Caliniciuc vs. Salvador could have gone extra-round in my opinion, it was a split decision at the end. Because Caliniuc was counted in the 2nd round, while he might have won rounds 1 and 3. But Salvador was really shocked. In the final, Caliniuc upset Dzhaniev via unanimous decision, nothing to add here.

Full results and video: https://www.sport.ro/kombat/live-vi...-caliniuc-lupta-in-cea-mai-tare-piramida.html (2:05, Caliniuc was all over Salvador, I don"t know why one of the commentators was also so surprised, Dylan could have also easily lost 2 rounds - R1 & R3). I would have given an extra-round but no way it was a robbery. Controversial yes.

The event was hosted by SAS Gym, one of the largest gyms in the capital Bucharest, where Adegbuyi is also training. It seems that this Sorin Caliniuc is the best fighter of that crew, 4-0 now. Caliniuc also beat experienced Cristian Milea in 2018 (!). After only 6 months of pro-training.

What a show, SAS have the best organization in Romania!

Last edited:
Had completely forgotten that happened, was a pretty interesting looking tournament. Gotta check out the video later, thanks!

The winner won 20.000. Caliniciuc vs. Salvador could have gone extra-round in my opinion, it was a split decision at the end. Because Caliniuc was counted in the 2nd round, while he might have won rounds 1 and 3. But Salvador was really shocked. In the final, Caliniuc upset Dzhaniev via unanimous decision, nothing to add here.

!

I know you're Romanian but come on that's a pure robbery, Salvador was toying with him

Maybe you could give a 10-9 Caliniuc in the third for aggression but it wouldn't change the result. I couldn't find the video but Dzahniev's coach also said they were robbed in the final on instagram.

Salvador was toying with him
No, he was trying to toy with him but most of his punches were missing. Yeah i think Salvador won but just because he tried to toy with his opponent doesn't mean he actually did. Ugly fight.

Neither of them landed many punches but Salvador had the advantage and he hurt him with every low kicks and knees he landed. Salvador was blocking/dodging everything, Caliniuc had absolutely nothing landing despite being at close range. He was toying in the sense that he didn't respect his opponent's power, allowing him that distance all fight and never be put in danger, just toying. Wheter you thought it was well done or not is an other question.

Neither of them landed many punches but Salvador had the advantage and he hurt him with every low kicks and knees he landed. Salvador was blocking/dodging everything, Caliniuc had absolutely nothing landing despite being at close range. He was toying in the sense that he didn't respect his opponent's power, allowing him that distance all fight and never be put in danger, just toying. Wheter you thought it was well done or not is an other question.
I'm not disagreeing about Salvador scoring more but do you think you can win a fight just by "toying" in the sense that you don't respect the opponents power? Plenty of fighters have lost that way and your post seems to imply that salvador "toying with him" somehow should have affected the desicion.

come on that's a pure robbery, Salvador was toying with him

Oh of course talking and making gestures or just being careless isn't an argument to win a fight, I was mentioning that as the cherry on the cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back