Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

iirc Yodwicha beat Saenchai, Nong-O, Singdam, Petchboonchu, Pakorn, and Jomthong and Sagetdao (maybe?) when he was 16-17 y/o. That was one of the most ridiculous runs I’ve ever seen in Muay Thai.

iirc Yodwicha beat Saenchai, Nong-O, Singdam, Petchboonchu, Pakorn, and Jomthong and Sagetdao (maybe?) when he was 16-17 y/o. That was one of the most ridiculous runs I’ve ever seen in Muay Thai.
Yeah...that was an insane undefeated run and I believe it was eventually Petchboonchu who ended it - but that was only after he had 2 or so losses!
Anyways, the collective ages by which Thai fighters fight at the elite levels tend to be crazy by western standards haha.
  • Rodtang, Petchdam, Petchsamarn and Kongklai are only 22
  • Sangmanee, Ronachai, Saoek and Saotho are all 23
  • Rungkit's 19
  • Sangarthit's 17
Mind you, these are just their current ages so they've been fighting at this level for years now!

If anyone's interested in watching Muay Thai fighters playing some footie - this was a match played last week between PKSaenchaiMuaythaigym and a combined team from Jitmuangnon, Looksaikongdingym and others. Some familiar faces in there like Saenchai, Gaonar, Prajanchai, Rodtang, Petchboonchu, Neunglanlek, Petchmahachon and Sipmeun Sitchefboonthum.
Rodtang and Petchboonchu are currently dating sisters from the Looksaikongdin family so that might just be the most dangerous family in Muay Thai if they get married!

If anyone's interested in watching Muay Thai fighters playing some footie - this was a match played last week between PKSaenchaiMuaythaigym and a combined team from Jitmuangnon, Looksaikongdingym and others. Some familiar faces in there like Saenchai, Gaonar, Prajanchai, Rodtang, Petchboonchu, Neunglanlek, Petchmahachon and Sipmeun Sitchefboonthum.
Rodtang and Petchboonchu are currently dating sisters from the Looksaikongdin family so that might just be the most dangerous family in Muay Thai if they get married!

I expected them to be better. Do kids in Thailand not grow up playing football?

That’s a great show if it’s all of this on the same card.

yes and it looks like they are doing full muay thai, 3 rounds. not 100% sure if that applies to the entire show but the fights they have announced so far seem to mention they are 3 rounds.

What is the situation like in Thailand right now? Can foreigners enter to train Muay Thai? How often are gyms closing?

you have to have a 14 day quarantine at a government approved hotel before you can do anything right now for anyone entering the country
Yeah I heard about a recent outbreak. How was it in December/January?

Yeah I heard about a recent outbreak. How was it in December/January?
they stopped all fights sometime around middle of December or so with most gyms closing and sending fighters home for about a month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back