Recommendations where to start with Stephen King books?

my two favorite kings are
Salem's Lot and IT

Salem's lot is a bit of a slow burn

but IT hooks in right away
the time jumps are a bit jarring but it flows together so well
tucking into it and Derry for a week or so is always a good time

His new book Fairy Tale is his best work. It retells the story of Wizard of Oz in King’s vision. I don’t see how this book doesn’t become as big as the Wizard of Oz either once more people read it. I recommend All book readers to check it out. King erases all the color from the Wizard of Oz and paints it Grey.

View attachment 945995

we all drink from the dark well.
I just bought this for my Mom. I'll probably read it when she's done.

The only King's book I read was the Gerald's Game and it was quite meh, tbh.

The only King's book I read was the Gerald's Game and it was quite meh, tbh.
I’ve read 3 king books, Gerald’s game being one along with desperation and the shining.

I’d not recommend Gerald’s game, but I will say it’s telling how a book with so very little going on can still capture my attention. It’s like sit down and write a full length book with crap for a story and king can still churn something out that creates eerie vibes and makes the reader feel compelled to stick with it

It's getting to be that spooky time of year, and this year I want to finally read a Stephen King book.

I've seen pretty much all the movies based on his work, and for years I've been meaning to read some of his books, but never quite got around to it. So this year I'm gonna read my first Stephen King book.

You guys have any favorites of his, or recommendations on a good one to start with?

siluet2.jpg

Spooky-Halloween-Audiobooks-to-Scare-You-All-Month-Long.jpg
I've only read a few Stephen King books but Misery is by far my favorite. I read it probably every 3-4 years.

It's getting to be that spooky time of year, and this year I want to finally read a Stephen King book.

I've seen pretty much all the movies based on his work, and for years I've been meaning to read some of his books, but never quite got around to it. So this year I'm gonna read my first Stephen King book.

You guys have any favorites of his, or recommendations on a good one to start with?

siluet2.jpg

His book On Writing.

Best to start with his short story anthologies: Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, etc.

another vote for going with this route. Followed by The Stand and IT. Back when getting books from a library was a thing my Mom checked these out and my brothers and I were like vultures circling for her to put them down so we could start reading.

If you like IT I would also check out Dean Kootz's Phantoms. I love the creature in that book and its backstory.

siluet2.jpg

10/22/63 is massive bit a great read.

Salem's Lot is great and perfect for the season.

I've also read The Stand (writer's cut), IT, Pet Sematary, The Shining and Doctor Sleep.

All good but Salem's Lot is less of a commitment and a pretty tight read for King and is a good read for the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back