Reinventing SM's Fat @$$

did you try the low carb cheese cake?

Not yet, I'm going to make it tonight, though. Woot, woot.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

9 am - Probiotics with water
10 am - coffee with half-and-half
11 am - shake with 1 scoop strawberry protein powder, 1 tblspoon Greens+, 1 tblspoon flax meal, 1.5 cups water
12 pm - strength training
2 pm - 3 eggs scrambled all up with spinach, ham and cheese (delicious!)
5 pm - coffee with cream
7:30-8ish pm - a few cheddar cubes at a party
9:45 pm - chicken marsala (no pasta)
11 pm - sugar free rice pudding

Sunday, October 11, 2009
Weight: 263.2

10 am - Probiotics and water
10 am - 2 pm - Way too much coffee!
2:30 - 3:30 pm - 2 or 3 handfuls of mixed nuts, Diet Snapple Lemon Tea
7:30 pm - Rotis chicken (the white meat and a very little dark meat, and skin) with 1 small can green beans (with butter)
9 pm - Diet orange soda with some heavy cream

Monday, October 12, 2009
Weight: 262

7:15 - probiotics with water
7:30 - Organic Gala apple
10:45 - Protein shake: Strawbeery protein (1 scoop) with handful of spinach, 1 tbl flax and 1.5 cups water
11 am - coffee with sugar free creamer
1:30 pm - 2 ham/Swiss cheese rollups
2:30 pm - very small ceasar salad (it was small and I only ate half cuz it sucked), chicken marsala (lunch sized portion, like 3 small chicken breasts)
3:30 - 2 handfuls mixed nuts

7 pm - Strength and Conditioning

8:45 pm - Protein shake: 1 scoop Vanilla protein with Greens+
9:30 pm - 3 spoons cream cheese, Diet orange soda with heavy cream

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Weight 262 (261.8 post walk)
7:30 - Fasted walk
8 am - Probiotics with water
9:45 am - 3 egg cheddar omellet with bacon, Diet Snapple Lemon Tea
9:45-11:30 am - 2 cups coffee with heavy cream
12:30 pm - coffe no. 3 (with cream)
1:30 pm - tuna salad (solid white albacore in water, mixed with olive oil mayo) with Slap Chopped spinach and a little bit of crumbled cheddar
6 pm - 3 handfuls mixed nuts

You want to hear something funny? I had always only ate red delicious apples or granny smith apples. That is basically what my mom always bought when I was younger, so I never strayed away from those. Lately I've been getting gala apples, braeburn apples, and fuji apples. They are about 1000x better than red delicious! Do you typically go with gala apples?

It was actually the first gala apple I had ever had. Heh. I usually get red delicious simply because the name is familiar. They had the gala apples out in a special display the other day, so I grabbed two to check them out. Very tasty.

At Wegmans they actually have little signs with all the different apples explaining the taste.

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but it was basically cream cheese with some vanilla and splenda sitting in liquid cream. I need to try it again, but do it right. In retrospect, you are correct: I didn't whip it enough. I guess I didn't understand that I was supposed to whip it till it wasn't a solid. Do you use a hand whisk, or an electric beater?

I needed to use a bigger bowl as well.

Live and learn.

electric beater fo sho. I was doing the same with a whisk and was thinking this is never going to be solid. Then my wife was like hey you have to use the electric mixer. Also i add more vanilla extract and more splenda than they list.

electric beater fo sho. I was doing the same with a whisk and was thinking this is never going to be solid. Then my wife was like hey you have to use the electric mixer. Also i add more vanilla extract and more splenda than they list.

I basically stirred the cream with a whisk for two minutes. Fail. At least I know now.

Yeah, I didn't have Splenda packets, just the big bag o' Splenda like for baking, so I kinda eye-balled it.

Do you eat it like as a dessert, or a snack?

Dessert. I didn't have packets either I went and figured out how much was in one pack (i forget now) and then calculated it into tablespoons or something like that.

If I was SM, i would just hire a chef.

You want to hear something funny? I had always only ate red delicious apples or granny smith apples. That is basically what my mom always bought when I was younger, so I never strayed away from those. Lately I've been getting gala apples, braeburn apples, and fuji apples. They are about 1000x better than red delicious! Do you typically go with gala apples?

Red Delicious apples are shit. Worst variety evar.

Also, you can use a whisk to whip cream, but you have to do it palm-to-palm like you are rubbing your hands together with the whisk handle in between.

Did you ever get a copy of Gourmet Nutrition? If so did you like?

I may have found a copy lying around Armenia a couple months ago. Some of the recipes are good, some are kind of not that great. Probably worth picking up along with a copy of Bill Phillips's Eating For Life.

Subscribed. I'm looking forward to following along :)

Oh great. I guess I have to start logging again.

I actually was planning on doing so. I had a planned cheat meal on Tuesday, pasta, and my weight went up as expected. But then it hasn't gone down like I expected, so I want to keep a closer look at what I'm doing. I've felt like I've been doing well, but maybe I started taking in too many calories...

Monday, October 26, 2009

As promised, I'm back to it. Although I have been absent from this log, it's not because I fell off the wagon. Outside of two rather silly "cheat" days, I've been pretty good. I'm going to try to really kick things into high gear here, by going very, very strict for 2 weeks. No sugars, no grains, very limited dairy - I want to see the effect not only on fattyness, but also on my colitis and asthma symptoms.

Edit: the reason I'm looking to go strict for two weeks is that I'm going to a wedding in two weeks. Eating more relaxed, and having a piece of cake, at the reception seems like a nice reward if I really kill it until then.

Today:

8 am: Braeburn apple
9 - 12 pm: 2.5 cups coffee with cream
1:30 pm: Two hot dogs with chilli (tossed the buns) and a pickle spear. This was a mistake - the chilli was not good at all, and the hot dogs were shriveled up losers. Office cafeteria FTL.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

9 am - 12 pm: three cups of coffee
1 pm - 4 eggs scrambled with 5 strips bacon
3 pm - piece of birthday cake. It sucked. What a waste of a regrettable cheat snack...
6:30 pm - conditioning
8:15 pm - the remaining half of the grass fed sirloin I made Monday night (and apparently forgot to log). I made it pretty rare on Monday, so I could heat it a bit w/out overcooking, but I didn't want to overdo it and have it be too well done, which I hate. So I melted some butter in a sauce pan, and then added the meat (which I had sliced) into it and just gave it like 15 seconds per side to warm it up and coat it in some buttery goodness. It was delicious both nights I ate it.
9 pm: Two Sugar-free Rice pudding cups.

Friday, October 30, 2009

9 am - 12 pm - 3 cups coffee with cream
1 pm - French onion soup (no bread), ribs, veggies
8 pm - 1 grilled chicken breast, small piece of strip steak, squash

Something I learned tonight: squash is delicious!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

11 am: 4 eggs scrambled, five slices bacon
11:30 am to 3 pm: three cups cofee with heavy cream
3 pm: 2 dill pickle spears dipped in Helluvagood French Onion dip
8 pm: 3 pieces of chicken francese, spinach, 2 meatballs with a little tomato sauce
9-11 pm: 3 sugar free puddings. I love sugar free pudding.
11 pmish: 2 Hersey dark chocoloate miniatures. No Trick or Treaters this year. Zero. I need to get rid of this candy before I black out wake up in a hospital in Pennsylvania...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back