*REMINDER* Both Silva and Woodley blew their chance to fight GSP by putting on snooze fights vs Maia

dawzz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...And poor performances all around
Both fighters were promised with the chance to fight GSP if they win their next fights and GSP accepted both fights it was up to them to defeat their opponents what would these two fighters do ? Put on two extremely boring performances and get criticized by Dana White and the whole MMA community for their terrible performances and get declined the chance to fight GSP. Joe Rogan said before the fight that if Silva will win he will face GSP also GSP was in the attendance that night but Silva blew his chance just like Woodley did by putting on boring fights.

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-d...itle-challenger-tyron-woodley-michael-bisping
That is the plan as of right now: Whoever wins this fight fights ‘GSP,'” White said during Wednesday’s UFC 214 pre-fight press conference at The Novo by Microsoft. “But ‘GSP’s’ people are here today to speak with me, so we’ll see what happens. That is the plan as of the last time that I talked to them.” - Dana White
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/7/30/...t-will-show-up-fight-unlike-tyron-woodley-mma
Just a few days after saying that ship had sailed on a Middleweight title fight between current division champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White has changed his mind.
And to hear him tell it, it had a lot to do with Woodley’s lackluster performance against Demian Maia in the co-main event.
"Yup! There you go. Because I know Michael Bisping will fight. Michael Bisping will show up and actually fight,” said White. “So yeah, we will give it to him. The ship turned around and fucking sailed back.”
And when asked if he thought fans would rather see Woodley vs. St-Pierre, White didn’t hold back. “You ask fans if they want to see Woodley fight again. That would be a flat out no. Who wants to pay to see Tyron Woodley fight again?”

Here goes the MMA myth that GSP ducked Silva and Woodley.

Don't know about Silva, but it makes no difference how Woodley fights, since Dana has a pathological hatred of him. Woodley can finish a top contender in devastating fashion (ie Darren Till,) and Dana will still hate Woodley afterwards for winning.

Dana does not like Woodley, and doesn't want to give him any money fights to help his popularity or bank balance. Dana would never feed him GSP (and GSP would duck Woodley, but that's another thread). So at the end of the day, it makes no difference how Woodley fights. He just needs to keep the belt, because Dana will never give him another title shot if he loses it, and will likely try to end his career in the UFC.

Bald Goof is a very petty guy.

...And poor performances all around
Both fighters were promised with the chance to fight GSP if they win their next fights and GSP accepted both fights it was up to them to defeat their opponents what would these two fighters do ? Put on two extremely boring performances and get criticized by Dana White and the whole MMA community for their terrible performances and get declined the chance to fight GSP. Joe Rogan said before the fight that if Silva will win he will face GSP also GSP was in the attendance that night but Silva blew his chance just like Woodley did by putting on boring fights.

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-d...itle-challenger-tyron-woodley-michael-bisping
That is the plan as of right now: Whoever wins this fight fights ‘GSP,'” White said during Wednesday’s UFC 214 pre-fight press conference at The Novo by Microsoft. “But ‘GSP’s’ people are here today to speak with me, so we’ll see what happens. That is the plan as of the last time that I talked to them.” - Dana White
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/7/30/...t-will-show-up-fight-unlike-tyron-woodley-mma
Just a few days after saying that ship had sailed on a Middleweight title fight between current division champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White has changed his mind.
And to hear him tell it, it had a lot to do with Woodley’s lackluster performance against Demian Maia in the co-main event.
"Yup! There you go. Because I know Michael Bisping will fight. Michael Bisping will show up and actually fight,” said White. “So yeah, we will give it to him. The ship turned around and fucking sailed back.”
And when asked if he thought fans would rather see Woodley vs. St-Pierre, White didn’t hold back. “You ask fans if they want to see Woodley fight again. That would be a flat out no. Who wants to pay to see Tyron Woodley fight again?”

Here goes the MMA myth that GSP ducked Silva and Woodley.

Still not as boring as GSP for 90% of his career and not nearly as boring as a fight between him and Maia would be.

Also, GSP is shit scared of Silva and Woodley.

Maia is a boring fighter thats why anderson silva didnt fight gsp.

Flawless logic ts...<Moves>

GSP ducked both
Get the fuck with your trolling out of my thread. I just posted facts about how GSP never ducked any of them and you still are here pushing your bs narrative with no facts behind it.

Get the fuck with your trolling out of my thread. I just posted facts about how GSP never ducked any of them and you still are here pushing your bs narrative with no facts behind it.
GSP tried to duck Hendricks also but couldn't get out of that one and got an all-time great ass whooping for his cowardice

GSP tried to duck Hendricks also but couldn't get out of that one and got an all-time great ass whooping for his cowardice
Just looked into Sherdog fight finder .
It seemed that GSP won that fight.
1 3 5 GSP.

They both knock GSP out cold just like that little bloated FW Matt Serra

You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff. That’s what makes Conor McGregor so unique, so fascinating and so fun.

— Dana White in 2016

Nick Diaz got a fight with GSP for losing to Carlos Condit so...... 0-1 streak secured Nick Diaz a fight against GSP.

Meanwhile, Johny Hendricks who was knocking guys out left and right and was on an exciting 5-0 streak against: TJ Waldburger, Mike Fierce, Mike Pierce, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, and Martin Kampmann was forced to fight Condit .

Lets review.

Nick Diaz get the title shot against GSP for losing to Condit. Nick got the title shot while being 0-1.

Johny Hendricks who was knocking guys out a was on a 5-0 streak with some of the best WWs loses the title shot to 0-1 Nick Diaz and is forced to fight the guy Nick just lost to.

In other word, Dana was trying to protect his cash cow.

Last edited:
GSP himself a snooze fight through and through.

Back