Law Remington subpoenas grades, attendance, disciplinary records of child victims

Maybe they are going to settle $$ amount based on grades and attendance. It wouldn’t surprise me.

I was kind of wondering what they will be using grades and disciplinary records for. "According to the records your kid was an out of control monster who was failing out of school and caused a lot of problems for the teachers and staff. He was on the verge of being expelled. You don't qualify for any lawsuit money."

Did one of the lawyers happen to look like this?

UxK.gif

So if a company is getting sued it gives their attorneys carte blanche to act like raging fuckfaces?

You don't think it's a fuckface move to sue Remmington instead of the shooter? Shitty people on both sides in this one.

You don't think it's a fuckface move to sue Remmington instead of the shooter? Shitty people on both sides in this one.
I don't think it is a good lawsuit, but in a situation like this someone needs to be the bigger person. It's harder to expect that from the parents of dead children versus attorneys.

Parents played a stupid game and are now getting a stupid prize.

I don't think it is a good lawsuit, but in a situation like this someone needs to be the bigger person. It's harder to expect that from the parents of dead children versus attorneys.

be the bigger person and take being sued, or actually defend yourself from a frivolous lawsuit?

be the bigger person and take being sued, or actually defend yourself from a frivolous lawsuit?
You really think that getting those records is essential to defend a frivolous suit?

You really think that getting those records is essential to defend a frivolous suit?
Let them do whatever they want, the suit should’ve been dismissed under PLCAA protections, the judge letting this go forward is the only reason Remington is allowed to have their discovery right, blocking discovery isn’t something Remington was allowed to do.

Remington did just offer a settlement, plaintiffs denied it, and considering Remington just came back from bankruptcy, purchase and redistribution; the families should’ve taken the money

Let them do whatever they want, the suit should’ve been dismissed under PLCAA protections, the judge letting this go forward is the only reason Remington is allowed to have their discovery right, blocking discovery isn’t something Remington was allowed to do.

Remington did just offer a settlement, plaintiffs denied it, and considering Remington just came back from bankruptcy, purchase and redistribution; the families should’ve taken the money
You are missing the point. Of course if they made the request I assume they were entitled to do so. Going through with it is a really shitty look though. The only explanation offered here is that the school records might help them formulate a settlement amount for the different kids. Again, this is a very shitty look for them.

You are missing the point. Of course if they made the request I assume they were entitled to do so. Going through with it is a really shitty look though. The only explanation offered here is that the school records might help them formulate a settlement amount for the different kids. Again, this is a very shitty look for them.
Standard procedure AND it only comes after their settlement was rejected.

Are they going full Alex Jones?
What a bunch of creeps.

I think the plaintiffs are the ones playing that game.

This would be like suing Ford for causing car crashes.

Standard procedure AND it only comes after their settlement was rejected.
Ok you've changed my mind. This was an excellent move and completely unavoidable. They should mention this in future advertising to attract more customers.

Not the first time they are acting like salty snowflakes. It goes to show the level of maturity of gun supporters

Not the first time they are acting like salty snowflakes. It goes to show the level of maturity of gun supporters

And what do you expect them to do? Not turn over documents, get drug thru the mud and raked over the coals for it?

the plaintiffs most likely had a petition for discovery that said something like “all communications pertinent or possible related to” and they complied with a court order and turned things over.

Ehrmagurd, employees sent memes back and forth at work? Or thru work emails? Somebody saved pictures off the internet to their work PC??? And they did such a good job sending EVERYTHING over that they didn’t take time to scrub it all?! Bastards!

Back