Resident Evil 3 Remake

Saw someone in a twitch chat bitching that this game was 50 euros for 3 hours. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

If it's 3-4 hours for an average play through, then that's bullshit. I can't imagine that being the case though. My guess is 8-10.

The whole "It's short" criticism seems manufactured though. It's nothing new. Outside of RE4, they're all pretty short games, especially if you know what you're doing. I mean shit, there are achievements for beating most of them in under 2 hours.

Fantastic, I decided to start getting my multiplat game on Xbox X given it’s the more powerful console and of course it’s the worst version out. For some reason they decided to bump the resolution to 4K at the sake of the frame rate which can apparently drop into the 30s. PS4 Pro stays at a pretty stable 60 FPS.

Anyone remember that Sphere Hunter tranny RE-fangirl YouTuber we discussed months ago in this thread?

'She' just posted a spoiler-free review of the RE3make.

Fantastic, I decided to start getting my multiplat game on Xbox X given it’s the more powerful console and of course it’s the worst version out. For some reason they decided to bump the resolution to 4K at the sake of the frame rate which can apparently drop into the 30s. PS4 Pro stays at a pretty stable 60 FPS.

*Sigh*

I wonder what the reason for this is, if its specifically Capcom's fault or the XB1's hardware/software that multiple developers have had many issues with over the years.

That's one of the issues I'm having with all the speculation of the PS5 & XBX's specs. XBX's are clearly superior overall, but I'm wondering if developers will be able to rake advantage of that extra power for better performance within the games, both 1st and 3rd party.

And, this is another example of setting release dates too early. A little more time in development for extra polish on the rest of the game while the team was able to achieve 60 FPS on the XB1 would have been fine.

Reviews look mixed as best. Fucks sake Capcom, I always had a soft spot for RE3 despite all the naysayers and it seems like they likely undelivered after the fantastic remake of 2.

Source?

It wouldn't surprise me.
The original Mercenaries won't be included (althoughi it's replaced with a similar game mode) and neither will multiple endings https://www.slashgear.com/resident-...e-original-elements-will-be-removed-12606612/

No Clock Tower or Park: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/resident-evil-3-remake-review-in-progress/1900-6417441/

There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.

No source, but I also read they removed spiders (although some sites have said they're confirmed, so I'm not sure on this), crows, drainers, brain suckers, and Extreme Mode.

The original Mercenaries won't be included (althoughi it's replaced with a similar game mode) and neither will multiple endings https://www.slashgear.com/resident-...e-original-elements-will-be-removed-12606612/

No Clock Tower or Park: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/resident-evil-3-remake-review-in-progress/1900-6417441/

*Sigh*

Ok, they didn't include areas from the original game. That doesn't mean they 'removed content.'

A recent devious business practice some developers/publishers have been doing in recent years is 'removing content' originally to be in a game at release, to be later sold as DLC.

They can't do that if it wasn't intended to be in the game in the first place.
There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.

No source, but I also read they removed spiders (although some sites have said they're confirmed, so I'm not sure on this), crows, drainers, brain suckers, and Extreme Mode.

I listened to Sphere Hunter's review of the game, and she did mention all of the original's monsters are in the Remake.

But she did mention numerous flaws of the game (and the original RE3 is her 2nd favorite game of all time), and would give it a 8 out of 10 rating.

Sounds like to me Capcom really should have kept this game in development for another few months.

Just because the PS5 & XBX is releasing in November (probably) doesn't mean games being released in the months prior are going to flop.

RE3make would have been the PERFECT October release.

I listened to Sphere Hunter's review of the game, and she did mention all of the original's monsters are in the Remake.

But she did mention numerous flaws of the game (and the original RE3 is her 2nd favorite game of all time), and would give it a 8 out of 10 rating.

Sounds like to me Capcom really should have kept this game in development for another few months.

Just because the PS5 & XBX is releasing in November (probably) doesn't mean games being released in the months prior are going to flop.

RE3make would have been the PERFECT October release.
In which world is 8/10 not "good-great"?

REmake 3 was always gonna suffer fro being the second game released to REmake 2, the original did aswell. Its a smaller game, following a critical darling. Just play the game yall. Then form your own opinions. We cant come to conclusions without playing the game ourselves.

I’m still excited, some people I follow who have played it loved it and I’ve seen some talks of 30 hours or so to 100% it which I fully plan on doing.

The game has been in development for a while so I don’t think it’s a matter of being rushed. Just creative decisions. I don’t think the decisioning that was in the original would have fit into a modern game. I was bummed about hearing about the lack of Mercenaries since RE2 brought back Hunk and Tofu.

Still though, can’t wait to dive in tomorrow night.

The PS4 Pro runs at a lower resolution.

But I agree, if you can't maintain good performance, don't bump resolution just for the sake of it. Although I read the drops weren't that bad. This is on Capcom.

My copy came early, Ill dive in, in an hour or so and report back.
I was bummed about hearing about the lack of Mercenaries since RE2 brought back Hunk and Tofu.
I dont really play mercenaries as much as other people. The last one I enjoyed was RE4 mercenaries, wouldve played more if it werent for other games releasing.

I also enjoyed the little of the raid mode in Revelations 2. I love that game even with its niggling flaws.

REsistance beta is real fun with friends if youre up against a decent Mastermind.

I’ve been hearing a lot of disappointment with RE3R

Did they take out the nemesis choices?

Played an hour or so.

The intro period is just a marvel for the eyes. It really is. They went all out with it.

The game seems to have a slight delay in voices, so some lip sync issues. Also issues with some of the dialogue being quieter at times as if recorded from another room. Didnt have that issue in the demo, but its hear. Gorgeous game, with fantastic lighting (if you have a HDR ready TV (youre gonna love it) and sublime sound design.

Zombies are definitely a lot more active, and stagger more than RE2Remake and its not as gory as RE2Remake (dunno why).

Gonna play some more and call it a night.

Played an hour or so.

The intro period is just a marvel for the eyes. It really is. They went all out with it.

The game seems to have a slight delay in voices, so some lip sync issues. Also issues with some of the dialogue being quieter at times as if recorded from another room. Didnt have that issue in the demo, but its hear. Gorgeous game, with fantastic lighting (if you have a HDR ready TV (youre gonna love it) and sublime sound design.

Zombies are definitely a lot more active, and stagger more than RE2Remake and its not as gory as RE2Remake (dunno why).

Gonna play some more and call it a night.
Sounds like they should have just taken some more time with it.

Sounds like they should have just taken some more time with it.
The polish is beyond belief here, and the sync issue can be fixed with a patch. As for the zombies, there are way more zombies on screen at any moment compared to RE2make, so that might be why they toned down the gory-ness.

The game puts REmake 2 to shame in some of the visuals, its gorgeous.

Anyways enough talking, Ill get back to it.

The polish is beyond belief here, and the sync issue can be fixed with a patch. As for the zombies, there are way more zombies on screen at any moment compared to RE2make, so that might be why they toned down the gory-ness.

The game puts REmake 2 to shame in some of the visuals, its gorgeous.

Anyways enough talking, Ill get back to it.

Can you change the control layout for the shooting?

Back