Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Nice! Being able to use infinite ammo on a Shotgun is super satisfying. They've always been my favorite weapons, so to just blast to my hearts content brings me much joy.
Haha, I’m doing a minimalist and silent stranger run with the fully upgraded infinite ammo Matilda. It’s super satisfying. Not sure how this is going to work against the Regenerators though.

Haha, I’m doing a minimalist and silent stranger run with the fully upgraded infinite ammo Matilda. It’s super satisfying. Not sure how this is going to work against the Regenerators though.

I did my minimalist run with no heals, so I had the difficulty down to assisted. The max Matilda chewed through the Regenerators. Can't speak to any of the higher difficulties.

I will say a maxed Matilda is bonkers. I feel like it chews through ammo to much that it would be hard to use without infinite ammo, but the cat ears you can put 60 rounds shockingly fast.

I did my minimalist run with no heals, so I had the difficulty down to assisted. The max Matilda chewed through the Regenerators. Can't speak to any of the higher difficulties.

I will say a maxed Matilda is bonkers. I feel like it chews through ammo to much that it would be hard to use without infinite ammo, but the cat ears you can put 60 rounds shockingly fast.
I ended up getting through them fine. Matilda is absurd. Doing the run on standard and it’s absolutely eating through everything. I remember it being similar in RE2. Your ammo was basically instantly spent.

I think I’m going to have to use a guide for the treasure. I can’t find enough small keys to come close to completing it lol. Pry do the frugalist run on assisted with a RL and try to get all the treasures then.

Just finished hardcore and watching credits now.. again.

Krausser fight sucked, that fucking garbage area sucked, and i cannot stand how slow leon is when heading in for a melee.

Im gonna start another run, but I'm ready to move on to God of war new game.

Finally just now starting this and I'm so excited that my erection is starting to hurt. I've beat the original 10+ times and it's one of my favorites.

Started on Hardcore of course!

Popping Ganado heads can't get anymore satisfying. They did a hell of a job with the gunplay.

Got the plat last night. The shooting gallery wasn’t nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be so that was a pleasant surprise. I’m still not sure I’m done with it but Jedi Survivor coming out should make for a nice break.

Final thoughts now that I’ve done just about everything there is to do. I think it’s safe to say this game has moved into one of my favorite titles of all time.

I was one of the biggest skeptics of them remaking a game that had held up pretty well but they completely blew my expectations out of the water with this. The care that was put into the remake is astounding. I think this might even surpass the original REmake in terms of how remakes should be done. They took everything that made the original great and made it better. Even the tone of the game hit a great balance. In the original I felt the horror was way too far in between. Here they amped it up while still maintaining the camp that made the original endearing.

Gameplay is incredibly satisfying, the parry counter is a welcome addition, the gunplay is incredibly satisfying, the game looks incredible, sounds amazing with a pair of headphones on. The replayability is just ridiculous. I’ve spent dozens of hours going through different run categories and had a blast every single time. There’s a mountain of things to unlock that encourages multiple play throughs but the experience is so good that I didn’t mind unlocking a single one.

The flaws in the game are so minuscule to my experience that I don’t even feel they’re worth mentioning.

I felt like I did when I played the original on my GameCube for the first time in 2005. Amazing job bringing a classic fully into the modern era. 10/10

Last edited:
Just saw an Ebay seller, 'Over9K Store,' that have sold 2000+ copies of RE4make on XBox for $27, PS5 for $25, shipping included.

Ada was absolutely awful in the remake. Going to pass on this DLC. Just too many good games out right now, maybe on a deep sale. Loved the game though but I don’t want her as the focus.

PSVR2 and Separate Ways trailer

I totally forgot about a VR version coming out, and was like "Hell yeah!! Just got the PSVR2!". Then I remembered I bought RE4 on Steam.

Also thought I remembered hearing that the VR version wasn't going to be the whole game, but that trailer certainly looked like a full spread of locations through the game.

Ada was absolutely awful in the remake. Going to pass on this DLC. Just too many good games out right now, maybe on a deep sale. Loved the game though but I don’t want her as the focus.
Lol based on a few lines? Can’t wait for more of this.

Lol based on a few lines? Can’t wait for more of this.
Yeah it was totally immersion breaking to me. She phoned in her lines or at least it came across that way to me. The VA who voiced Ada in RE2 Remake did great , I was sad they replaced her. Anyway it’s a busy year and the DLC games in the previous entries (7 and Village) were just kind of average so I’ll play it sometime in 2024 or maybe just not get to it. Capcom has nailed the main stories but has struggled with DLC imo

Good on Capcom for continuing to release content for free when a lot of companies would be charging. I can’t imagine the work that’s gone into the VR mode and I’d imagine they could have easily gotten away with charging for it.

Totally tempted to get this game again on PS5, just for VR.

I will NEED infinite ammo for the VR, so I’m into it at least 3 runs and that’s a pretty good time commit.

Totally tempted to get this game again on PS5, just for VR.

I will NEED infinite ammo for the VR, so I’m into it at least 3 runs and that’s a pretty good time commit.
Have you tried Village in VR?

Have you tried Village in VR?

i haven’t, picked the whole library up for cheap on Steam, so that’s where I got RE4 to keep the collection together. VIII was cheap on PS5 when it hits sales, but VIII wasn’t my favorite and didn’t care to jump back in for VR. I thought it started really strong but fizzled out after the castle.

i haven’t, picked the whole library up for cheap on Steam, so that’s where I got RE4 to keep the collection together. VIII was cheap on PS5 when it hits sales, but VIII wasn’t my favorite and didn’t care to jump back in for VR. I thought it started really strong but fizzled out after the castle.
Gotcha, seeing if you had a sense for what an RE game can look like in VR. It’s insanely intense and they’ve implemented the controls really well. Second only to Horizon based on what I’ve played.

Back