Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Yeah it did me too. A necessary change though.

That must be a genre thing because I couldn’t disagree more. 5 and 6 were basically action shooters vs survival horror of the early games. CV is very dated too, so if you didn’t grow up playing the original 4 (1,2, 3, CV) I can see how you wouldn’t like it. Also why it desperately needs a revamp.. have you ever played the Remake of the first one?
RE is my fav franchise. CV isnt on OG RE1-3 level imo. I also prefer the old tank controls to the modern RE games, and with that said CV wasnt it for me. Just long corridors, and a worse game than the ones before.

But then again I love the action RE games the most RE3, RE4 in general.

Gameplay is solid, though I prefer how the original game played out in the opening to the remake, but changing things up makes it feel a bit fresh for those used to the game.
Art direction is still kind of bland which I felt since the original reveal. I don't like the washed out dull greyish cast over everything, the original wasn't super colorful, but the reds and browns felt like a more appropriate color cast for the woods. The woods also felt more open of an area, I think the visibility through the trees shorn of leaves helps (and made the area feel more desolate and deserted, which upped the creep factor), but you could also maneuver more; the remake feels more on rails leading you to the cabin then to the village. I hope this is just a limitation for the demo and that the full game is better for this area. The village itself feels fine so far, maybe not quite as open/large, but I was only really going for the objective. I feel really protective of the village and castle segments of the game though as that entire first 1/3 or so of the game is my favorite part.
I like the new broken neck plaga villagers, it ups the intensity and is a good prelude to the villagers with the heads blown off and the full plaga parasite extruding (which I hope they keep).
The village attack feels a bit more intense, it feels like there are more villagers and you are a bit more helpless to their attacks.
They better let you free the damn dog in the full game.

Solid so far, still feels like an unnecessary remake without Mikami back working with the team (and given how limited the 2 remake was with the Jill and Leon playthroughs having no variation, I wish he did at least consult), and the fact that unlike 1, 2, and 3 remaking their originals (the 1 remake being a long time ago), the gameplay of 4 still holds up incredibly well and the visuals are still good (it looks really good when rendered in hd resolutions; it's not as primitive as the PS1/N64 era games, though those games are not bad looking for their time period at all; plus the HD Project of 4 for PC exists so that dampers things as well), so this remake doesn't feel like it's adding anything truly new even if they change things up here and there like they have so far.

Good so far, hope the full game is even better, still would probably rather play the HD Project but I am open to the new game changing my mind.

I just recently played through HD mod again. Youll like OG more because of the time and nostalgia factors. Just go into the remake with no expectations.

It might not be as mindblowing as RE2make or RE7 but im sure itll be great.

Hmmmm....

Gonna put this in spoilers, but in the Remake there's a cutscene of two characters meeting that's never met in the original.

Ok, fine, but this is no Resident Evil 2 remake. It looks like the same game so it’s hard for some to get excited for it.
Considering RE4 was a huge influence the RE2make I dont see how that's a criticism. I guess they could have done the inverse and made RE4make with prerendered backgrounds and tank controls?

So I played the demo and got destroyed in the village with all the people. I was just running around looting and not fighting.
Have to admit I'm slightly intimidated by this game, part of the reason I never played the original that much was feeling overwhelmed by the hordes of baddies.

Have to admit I'm slightly intimidated by this game, part of the reason I never played the original that much was feeling overwhelmed by the hordes of baddies.
I recognized I likely couldn't shoot them all and was praying to just find the progression item. I failed lol

I think I’ll be on my way out. Spoilers already out there. Fucking two weeks before, hate this crap. I get it’s a remake but apparently there’s a lot of new stuff.

I think I’ll be on my way out. Spoilers already out there. Fucking two weeks before, hate this crap. I get it’s a remake but apparently there’s a lot of new stuff.
Seriously? That’s ridiculous.

I have something to share for those who don't mind spoilers

A lot of people die in the game.

Considering RE4 was a huge influence the RE2make I dont see how that's a criticism. I guess they could have done the inverse and made RE4make with prerendered backgrounds and tank controls?
Nah. Wouldn’t be right. CV can go that route though.

I’m not understand the criticism of the controls being sluggish. Played for a bit again today and I can maneuver around the ganados, quick turn, juke them, all perfectly fine.

I’m not understand the criticism of the controls being sluggish. Played for a bit again today and I can maneuver around the ganados, quick turn, juke them, all perfectly fine.
We aren't talking about juking and jiving and hipping and hopping, we are talking about shooting zombies.

giphy.gif

Back