Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
As much as I’m enjoying the game, I hope they do something about the performance soon. I’ve had to switch to resolution mode (PS5) to stop the flickering lights issue. The frame rate holds up okay but the dips are very noticeable in larger open areas on the map. Lots of aliasing going on too. I didn’t have these problems with RE Village on PS5.

Too soon to say for me, but the game your Icon is from definitely gets that rating IMO.
Youre damn right, I had no hesitation in giving it a 10 before I even finished the game. Silksong....

Ooooh if that releases this year.

I bought it yesterday. This goes into my list of RE games that I buy but never really play it because I am traumatized as a kid.

Also why is Ashley sexy now? I thought she was supposed to be this kid younger type character in the original?

I didn't like Resident Evil 4 in 2005. I don't like it in 2023. Every single thing that makes this game different from Resident Evil 2 is a step backwards in my opinion. I try to enjoy it for what it is but it's just too stupid. Its a step up in action and a massive step down in everything else. Not only are the game's themes stupid, the actual game design doesn't feel the least bit interesting. You took a game series that was based on exploring an intricate labyrinth of locked doors and puzzles and replaced it with something almost entirely linear. You replaced brain dead zombies with living enemies bearing weapons that somehow feel less dangerous because the AI is so fucking bad. The game isn't even scary, this has to be the least scary RE game by a mile. You took Night of the Living Dead and turned it into John Wick.

I know people love this game, thought the original was revolutionary. To each their own I guess. I would love to see a return to something that resembles traditional RE but given modern day society I doubt it will ever happen.

Last edited:
I didn't like Resident Evil 4 in 2005. I don't like it in 2023. Every single thing that makes this game different from Resident Evil 2 is a step backwards in my opinion. I try to enjoy it for what it is but it's just too stupid. Its a step up in action and a massive step down in everything else. Not only are the game's themes stupid, the actual game design doesn't feel the least bit interesting. You took a game series that was based on exploring an intricate labyrinth of locked doors and puzzles and replaced it with something almost entirely linear. You replaced brain dead zombies with living enemies bearing weapons that somehow feel less dangerous because the AI is so fucking bad. The game isn't even scary, this has to be the least scary RE game by a mile. You took Night of the Living Dead and turned it into John Wick.

I know people love this game, thought the original was revolutionary. To each their own I guess. I would love to see a return to something that resembles traditional RE but given modern day society I doubt it will ever happen.
People still play Outbreak online if that's more up your alley. Capcom refuses to remake (or even remaster) those though, I guess they hate money.

Without RE4, you dont get TLOU, GOW '18, Bloodborne etc.

It was revolutionary. It also needed to be different or RE wouldve just become dead like Silent Hill is now.

I bought it yesterday. This goes into my list of RE games that I buy but never really play it because I am traumatized as a kid.

Also why is Ashley sexy now? I thought she was supposed to be this kid younger type character in the original?
Pretty sure there were some lewd comments in the original if you looked up her skirt and stuff like that. She also made a comment in the ending about wanting to hook up with Leon.

So if she was supposed to be underage that would have been super inappropriate

Pretty sure there were some lewd comments in the original if you looked up her skirt and stuff like that. She also made a comment in the ending about wanting to hook up with Leon.

So if she was supposed to be underage that would have been super inappropriate

Yikes. I guess I must have thought she was young because of how Ada was the sexpot.

Finally finished. Instant classic for me and has completely supplanted the original for me in every way. 10/10.

I’ll add more thoughts later but damn. What an incredible game.

Just finished it. Was great playing it. I've really enjoyed all the recent RE games and this is no exception. I think i enjoyed every change they made although I hate that they removed one of the boss fights for no reason.

Whomever is the asshole that wanted to create knives that break, let me know. I will break that fuckers jaw loose.

Annoying.

Does the game have Mercenaries mode?
Coming April 7th as a free update, also im assuming some of the cut content like the U3 boss fight will be in the Ada DLC to keep it different enough from the base game, might be wishful thinking though.
I definitely prefer the darker tone and changes from the original game to make it more serious, still prefer RE 1 remake as my favorite RE game though.

Heres a question for those that beat it already..

Is there a reward for beating it as fast you can? For speed runners, i suppose thats interesting but i would never want to get a fun over with as fast as i can....

Whomever is the asshole that wanted to create knives that break, let me know. I will break that fuckers jaw loose.

Annoying.
If this plays anything like the original, I am trying to think of how this makes sense, lol.

Back