Review: Top Boxer Custom Winning Inspired Gloves (6/10)

Appreciate bro, I know not everyone feels the same about reviews. But I think it's safe to say these gloves feel unfinished. I'm surprised people have given clamp grief over the whole matter even with photos and facts. Clamp has no vested interest on trying to bash down Muhammad for no reason. He got the sig series based on other peoples recommended reviews on them.

But awhile back people bashed clamp for giving a high praised review for R2C C17 1.0, everyone jumped down his throat and he took it all in stride. Somehow, certain individuals turned it into an unofficial R2C vs Beaulieu/TopBoxer war. [Mohsin and Muhammad never had beef with each other, and still don't.] And now when the tables are turned, its still somehow Clamps fault. I don't like name dropping unless you are blatantly lying. Things like "oh my gloves aren't that way, or you got a faulty pair" or whatever the case may be, just leave it be or youll be digging a hole much deeper than you can get out of.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel I have personally sent feedback to Muhammad along with pictures and references to making the sig series glove a much better one. I did an unofficial review for him, Clamp had posted this one, and I don't believe me posting one would have benefitted any, I don't believe in making a scene when there is no need for another review. And no I am not saying Clamp is making a scene either, don't twist what I am saying. Muhammad has what he needs to build a better version of the glove. I whole heartedly, believe Muhammad is a good dude! I've used other models of his gloves like the ortho and IMF and they are some of the best gloves. He will bounce back, that is a given. Right now he has to take this feedback from Clamp and myself; and build on it.

A lot of companies have been scrutinized, some listen, some don't. It's up to Muhammad to turn this negative into a positive. I feel he will do the right thing and make a better glove. I believe he is an honorable man, and will do his best to make a better version making this current one a thing of the past.

well said .

I respect clamps review.

What I don't understand is why hasn't top boxer responded here??? that just makes it look shady.

Topboxer is working privately with Clamp to resolve the issue.

I'm not gonna throw stones but no one is fooling anybody. Be real. Im glad this issue is getting handled but there is no way Someone with the same exact glove and foam could use this glove, craftsmanship issues aside.

Nobody has the same exact glove and foam but you, obviously. You appear imo to be throwing stones by saying that there's only you and two others on the board who review gear properly. There was the mention of "unsavory posters" right at the top of the review, too.

View Post
Appreciate bro, I know not everyone feels the same about reviews. But I think it's safe to say these gloves feel unfinished. I'm surprised people have given clamp grief over the whole matter even with photos and facts.
Did anyone actually say the gloves in the OP were good? No, people said that the pairs they had received were good, which is fair enough. Instead, as with the response to GoatyP's post, it seems to me Clamp is saying that if you liked the model of gloves from Topboxer you received, you are wrong (even if they are a model of gloves with totally different foam type used).

Last edited:
I was offered the foam and he promised me the world with it. I agreed to it because he and others bragged about it so I'm not the only one who apparently got it. Orthopedic it is not. You guys can thank dumbass Shiztzu for that. The winning foam in the black gloves are the real winning type and its equally as bad for different reasons. Let's keep this thread at the top discussing this glove. Mo really wants that.
They're not protective if you train remotely hard. No one mentions anything like that. If they did people would have felt their knuckle go through. I wish strat would have posted his review since there were many points we agreed upon about this glove.

Very suprised by this review clamp.

So a couple of questions:

How did the c 17s best this glove in the respective areas?

It seems pretty clear, but to make sure c17>top boxer clone

I was offered the foam and he promised me the world with it. I agreed to it because he and others bragged about it so I'm not the only one who apparently got it. Orthopedic it is not. You guys can thank dumbass Shiztzu for that. The winning foam in the black gloves are the real winning type and its equally as bad for different reasons. Let's keep this thread at the top discussing this glove. Mo really wants that.
They're not protective if you train remotely hard. No one mentions anything like that. If they did people would have felt their knuckle go through. I wish strat would have posted his review since there were many points we agreed upon about this glove.

Why didnt anyone mention the C17s' padding degrades after only a month or so of use like RGAmsterdam found? In that scenario, the forum accepts that its a faulty batch, which seems the case to me because plenty of people have been using them without issue. RGAmsterdam posted pics, a newbie commented saying he wont be after a pair anymore, and you attack that dude saying he has something against R2C personally.

Now in this thread, when plenty enough people have used Winning clones happily without issue before, you go on to say everyone whose opinion differs has no idea what they're talking about. There's obviously a disconnect here somewhere. You cant ask to talk only about the gloves in the review and then make slights against people on the forum, which is present even in the review itself.

I don't see why Clamp is getting all this hate for, I've purchased a lot of gear based on his reviews as I've always found them to be informative and honest. Even in this review he posted pictures as proof of the faulty gear, etc. It's not like he's making shit up and posting it just because he doesn't like the company. Things have changed a lot here in G&E...

Why didnt anyone mention the C17s' padding degrades after only a month or so of use like RGAmsterdam found? In that scenario, the forum accepts that its a faulty batch, which seems the case to me because plenty of people have been using them without issue. RGAmsterdam posted pics, a newbie commented saying he wont be after a pair anymore, and you attack that dude saying he has something against R2C personally.

Now in this thread, when plenty enough people have used Winning clones happily without issue before, you go on to say everyone whose opinion differs has no idea what they're talking about. There's obviously a disconnect here somewhere. You cant ask to talk only about the gloves in the review and then make slights against people on the forum, which is present even in the review itself.

That's an easy one but a valid point to bring up. At this point over a hundred of the current c 17s have been sold which is version 2. This excludes customs which is a small number but it isn't involved. So the number is less than 1%, that's why I told rga to contact ring to cage so that the CS comes into play. No brand will ever release a perfect product all the time every time, human error is involved.

CS remedies all issues and faults with defective gloves. Like I said before Muhammad is building a better glove he has all the feed back both positive and negative.

You missed my point. I said in the post that I also believe that the R2C glove was likely just a one off, as there are enough people on the forum who havent suffered from that issue. Whilst there have been 100s produced, there arent 100s on the forum who have these gloves, and instead a relatively similar number to the Topboxer Winning clones. The difference illustrated is that in that scenario, we accept its a faulty glove, whereas here, under similar circumstances, Clamp insinuates that instead the people who did have a good experience simply dont know what theyre talking about.

You missed my point. I said in the post that I also believe that the R2C glove was likely just a one off, as there are enough people on the forum who havent suffered from that issue. Whilst there have been 100s produced, there arent 100s on the forum who have these gloves, and instead a relatively similar number to the Topboxer Winning clones. The difference illustrated is that in that scenario, we accept its a faulty glove, whereas here, under similar circumstances, Clamp insinuates that instead the people who did have a good experience simply dont know what theyre talking about.

Indeed

Because they didn't test the foams thouroughly and instead talked out of their ass how good the foam was. This was a realistic review of the foam that was hyped up on here and offered to me by Mo. That's bullshit and fraud and I'm calling out reviewers who half assed it. The gloves are pricey to begin with and the ortho foam didn't work as advertised by reviewers. The reviewers who talked about the foams being this and that should be ashamed because they're the ones resposible for getting the word out for him.

Last edited:
So whats the deal with the R2C C17 foam? Should people think you didnt test them properly, because if you had, it would have broken down like RGAmsterdam's? It works both ways

Also, calling out reviewers like you said, then asking people to try and just talk about the gloves in the OP, is bizarre.

The gloves were mass produced and broke down but even he said they're protective and Mohsin will take care of the gloves. How did Mo want to take care of the gloves? Ask him. Someone get him on here to comment. I'll wait here. Because he asked me not to say anything about our arrangement.

If you're gonna review the gear you're attached to it so you look like a idiot hyping up something for the rest of us that you can't use throughly. If it works both ways remember that he says they're still protective. These gloves weren't protective and broke down. I'd still take the r2c gloves over this. $100.00 stock gloves and only $130.00 custom gloves. How much did Mo charge? $160.00! Keep it coming.

You seem really confrontational and angry, honestly, like its a weird brand war and youve picked your side, when you seem to me to be the only one who cares about that. I dont think you countered my points but it is what it is. People should read as much as they can and come to their own conclusions on the products theyre interested in, as ever.

I picked the side that put out the best gear. I spent the money to review the gears. I allowed the hype to get to my pocket, shelled out the money people for what people claim are the best custom gloves ever. $160.00 got me nothing but pain my hand and wrists and having to deal with gloves that shouldn't have what they are. If I paid this amount for stock gloves. OK that sucks but it's stock and mass produced. This was CUSTOM GLOVES. It shouldn't have happened. The C17 gloves you're harping on were mass produced. These were the one and only and they're super jacked up. I'm allowed to be pissed and confrontational because I listened to every glowing review. Craftsmanship aside what can you say about the foam not being protective in a custom glove that he handled his own self?

BTW brand war? He doesn't have that much fire power to start one if there was ever one. I'm not biased because I've done reviews, good and bad for countless companies. What I don't appreciate is being fooled by others on this board for not telling the truth in their reviews.

btw it's pretty apparent who's side your on too bud. It's not like you've answered or talked about my comments either.

edit: ^ What do you think I haven't answered/commented on specifically? Again you're saying I'm "on a side". I wasn't even aware there were sides, but apparently to you there are.

To reiterate again, picking a "side" and talking about "brand war firepower" etc, theyre things that seem from my perspective to matter only to you. I dont care about Ring To Cage and don't think I've ever said a bad thing about them as such. As for gloves being "mass produced" its not as though they go through some conveyer belt with somebody pressing a button every once in awhile like they're toothpase lids. They go through some factory workers, where there's human error, just as custom gloves do, and in just the same manner they should be handled to ensure quality control before they leave the factory.

It' doesn't matter to me but at least your helping me get this thread to the top. I want everyone to see this for what it is. A real review for a glove that you and others hyped up as being flawless, beautful, and protective. It's a very average glove, with average foam, terrible construction, and last but not least he wouldn't sell to me at first until I started a thread about him not selling to me. What is there to hide if the product is so good? Also whats up with the gift? I get a gift of a glove I didn't ask for and when I posted pictures of it to show the world, the gift is suddenly a throw away practice glove when I have proof that he said it's the glove with the real winning foam. So now I have an ortho foam and a real winning foam glove but neither are any good. What foam did you get that makes it so protective? Please share.

You seem really confrontational and angry, honestly, like its a weird brand war and youve picked your side, when you seem to me to be the only one who cares about that. I dont think you countered my points but it is what it is. People should read as much as they can and come to their own conclusions on the products theyre interested in, as ever.

Also the fact that he is so contentious about Muhammad's gear in general terms and calling all reviewers dumbasses who dont test gear the way he does including his 500 pics on photobucket with R2C items make me suspicious about his reliability.I was the first one who admitted he received a defective pair of gloves according to the pics he provided but instead of working out to get a replacement he focused more on bullshitting Muhammad and comparing his work with R2C while promoting C17.You probably were really "unlucky" with your order but that doesnt change the fact that all the gear he has made so far for Topboxer and Beaulieu was decent and few complaints/defects that came up were solved immediately leaving everyone satisfied.

Back