Rizin 2 (sort of?) Grand Prix 2016 Opening Round

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Rizin-2-Rizin-Fighting-World-Grand-Prix-2016-Opening-Round-53681

beedaeec4c5f4483ad4fcb60569e5561.png

this is honestly a pretty sweet card. tons of good names. (wish they were fighting eachother, tho, lol)

Forgot this was so soon, but that's probably cause they're going PRIDE style and announced the fights only a week ago. Wonder which fights we'll get lines for

Forgot this was so soon, but that's probably cause they're going PRIDE style and announced the fights only a week ago. Wonder which fights we'll get lines for

yea.. the name-fighters (and there are a LOT of names listed above) are mostly fighting unknowns, sadly

wow I was going to come in here and shit all over this card but I'm actually looking forward to a few of these fights, crazy horse, souwer, cro cop, and kron's, if it is only coz of the entertainment factor. lord knows what the lines will be, wish there would be an over/under on finishes though.

usada who??

I am pumped to see CroCop, Kron, and Souwer fight. This will be a fun card and I am glad Bellator and Rizin exist! These guys make some good fights that UFC wouldn't be willing to put on.

I am pumped to see CroCop, Kron, and Souwer fight. This will be a fun card and I am glad Bellator and Rizin exist! These guys make some good fights that UFC wouldn't be willing to put on.
I think you'd be surprised

Check-Out-CM-Punks-UFC-Ring-Gear-3.jpg

New
http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/rizin-2016-grand-prix-betting-odds/

RIZIN 2016 Grand Prix
2am ET

Hideo Tokoro +180
Kron Gracie -260
MMA 145 lbs

Andy Souwer +205
Daron Cruickshank -285
MMA 157 lbs

Hyun Man Myung +435
Mirko Filipovic -705
MMA Openweight

Mark Tanios +260
Jiri Prochazka -380
MMA Openweight

Valentin Moldavsky -105
Karl Albrektsson -135
MMA Openweight

——

no idea who these three are:

hyun man myung
mark tanios
valetin moldavsky

---

weird seeing CC -705 vs anyone these days, though... and prochazka and albrektsson are legit.. gotta look into their opponents, i guess

i hoped for much cheaper on cruickshank.

playing tokoro. idk how the line will move. and kron is prolly a little bigger, but tokoro SO MUCH more experienced in MMA.. he looked pretty awesome against LC davis not that long ago.

tried to max tokoro +180, it limited me to 1u, boooo

i also took 1.35u albrektsson -135

moldavsky actually fought at rizin. he's a strong wrestler, strong top game, completely inexperienced in mma, moreso than albrektsson. i think he trains with fedor or something. (mold) -- as did nemkov, whom albrekt just beat (and nemkov is awesome, also trained with fedor) -- i think albrekt is gonna have a big standup edge and he's the bigger dude.

Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: 1st Round Weigh-in Results
Kron Gracie (145) vs. Hideo Tokoro (145)
Miyu Yamamoto (107) vs. Rena Kubota (107)
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (230) vs. Hyun Man Myung (253) – openweight grand prix first round
Baruto Kaito (401) vs. Kazuyuki Fujita (248) – openweight grand prix first round
Andy Souwer (156) vs. Daron Cruickshank (154)
Kizaemon Saiga (136) vs. Asen Yamamoto (136)
Jiri Prochazka (215) vs. Mark Tanios (238) – openweight grand prix first round
Karl Albrektsson (231) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (217) – openweight grand prix first round
Amir Aliakbari (252) vs. Joao Almeida (233) – openweight grand prix first round
Teodoras Aukstuolis (227) vs. Szymon Bajor (246) – openweight grand prix first round
Minoru Kimura (146) vs. Charles Bennett (146)
Kanako Murata (115) vs. Kyra Batara (114)
Gabi Garcia (245) vs. Destanie Yarbrough (226)

----

even more of a size edge than i thought for albrekt.. plus he's a lot taller if i'm not mistaken. i think he works moldavsky over after he gasses. i'm not going on much here, but that's how i feel.. thinking of adding some at -170

Back