RIZIN 40, Japan, MMA, Saturday, December 31

Only play I had was Kim ML/Bontorin ML/Tafa ML, which got sunk by Bontorin.

Put Rogerio in because I mistook him for Felipe Efrain who had killed Motoya years back, mixed up my inconsistent brazilians and it cost me. Not a lot, but still a punch in the gut simply because of how stupid a mistake it was. Like record capping, but worse lol.

Anyone got a link? I see they have Rizen 40 on Fite but no mention on the Rizen / Bellator

Never mind, see it is on BBC 3 later on in UK

Anyone got a link? I see they have Rizen 40 on Fite but no mention on the Rizen / Bellator

Never mind, see it is on BBC 3 later on in UK
It will be on a tape delay by the time it goes on the major television channels like BBC and Showtime.

If you want to know live results, you can stay up late and find a Japanese stream.

Mostly finishes thus far. I will watch the main card on tape delay after I wake up.

Mostly finishes thus far. I will watch the main card on tape delay after I wake up.

lol at anyone who didn't bet motoya at +200. Bontorin came to stall. Motoya was piecing him up the whole time. What a great finish for him.

I feel Kim and Park were both robbed. Judges single handily decided control was the main criteria even when the rules heavily indicate it isn't.

That was a boring main card when compared to the undercard. The main event was meh...

Nothing on the main card worth rewatching for me.

I feel Kim and Park were both robbed. Judges single handily decided control was the main criteria even when the rules heavily indicate it isn't.

RIZIN uses a 50 (Damage)-30 (Aggression)-20 (Generalship) scoring system. If fighters meet the standards within the scoring criteria for a category, they receive the maximum allotted points, if they don't meet the standards they receive 0 points; there are no partial point awards.

Izawa likely won 20/20 for generalship on every scorecard. She had a lot of control time. Park likely didn't receive any points, in any category, from the 2 judges who scored the fight against her.

Thats just how fights are scored in RIZIN and its why I don't bet on them.

RIZIN uses a 50 (Damage)-30 (Aggression)-20 (Generalship) scoring system. If fighters meet the standards within the scoring criteria for a category, they receive the maximum allotted points, if they don't meet the standards they receive 0 points; there are no partial point awards.

Izawa likely won 20/20 for generalship on every scorecard. She had a lot of control time. Park likely didn't receive any points, in any category, from the 2 judges who scored the fight against her.

Thats just how fights are scored in RIZIN.

Hah good to know. Since Pride days when Hendo used to get scorecards with a burst or two in Pride I've always thought Japan emphasizes damage more but maybe it's all changed. Either way what a lame point system.

Back