RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round PBP Discussion (9/24 @ 2 AM EST)

Kron Gracie is fighting a guy who is fu*king (33-28-2) ?

Unbelievable!......Put me in the ring, I bet you I have a better punchers chance of a KO.

Tokoro's better than his record.

Unbelievable!......Put me in the ring, I bet you I have a better punchers chance of a KO.
Putting you in the ring with Kron would be proper punishment for your comment.

If you don't know of Tokoro then there can only be pity for you.

Tokoro by spinning backfist

Serious question -- Do you watch MMA outside of the UFC? If so, then I'm surprised you have no idea who Tokoro is.

Tokoro also beat Royler and drew with Royce. I highly doubt you would do better than Tokoro when fighting Kron.

Tokoro's better than his record.

I'm sorry I love Tokoro (and rvddw) but he really isn't. His wild grappling style costs him fights as much as it gives him wins. His record really speaks for itself.

I remember him as the MMA Cinderella Man fighting Ivan Menjivar (with a young Firas Zahabi in his corner) in K1 and the japanese announcers were going bonkers over all the wild, ineffective subs he was throwing at Ivan who just shrugged it off and dominated him on the ground with simple basic jiu jitsu.

IMO Kron submits him easily unless Tokoro sprawls and brawls.

I'm sorry I love Tokoro (and rvddw) but he really isn't. His wild grappling style costs him fights as much as it gives him wins. His record really speaks for itself.

I remember him as the MMA Cinderella Man fighting Ivan Menjivar (with a young Firas Zahabi in his corner) in K1 and the japanese announcers were going bonkers over all the wild, ineffective subs he was throwing at Ivan who just shrugged it off and dominated him on the ground with simple basic jiu jitsu.

IMO Kron submits him easily unless Tokoro sprawls and brawls.

I don't think his style is smart and he's also past his prime at this point. He's beaten some guys I didn't think he'd do well with though. I'm not even rating him highly I'm just saying he surprises every now and then and he's more dangerous than your average .500 fighter. I think he beat LC Davis last year. That's just my opinion as he obviously lost the split but that shows me something. Kron's only 2-0, I'm willing to bet LC Davis would beat his ass.

Serious question -- Do you watch MMA outside of the UFC? If so, then I'm surprised you have no idea who Tokoro is.

That is like asking someone if they watch A, AA or AAA baseball? Or do they only care about watching the best of the best, The Major Leagues?

Answer: Some do, most don't...It usually is the ones who don't wanna spend the money to see the major events.

That is like asking someone if they watch A, AA or AAA baseball? Or do they only care about watching the best of the best, The Major Leagues?

Answer: Some do, most don't...It usually is the ones who don't wanna spend the money to see the major events.

This is not a great comparison...

You know you CAN watch the UFC and other organizations, correct?

Just because you watch the smaller organizations doesn't mean you don't pay to watch the UFC...

Also there's a ton of people who watch other organizations outside of the UFC... Heck there's a ton of them on Fight Pass.

I'm positive most people pay for Fight Pass for other events outside of the UFC events...

You do know that many of the current UFC champions fought previously and were signed from an organization called Strikeforce?

And that many current and past UFC fighters fought for an organization called PRIDE which also was watched and followed by many fans?

The current lightweight champ was signed from Bellator.

This is not a great comparison...

You know you CAN watch the UFC and other organizations, correct?

Just because you watch the smaller organizations doesn't mean you don't pay to watch the UFC...

Also there's a ton of people who watch other organizations outside of the UFC... Heck there's a ton of them on Fight Pass.

I'm positive most people pay for Fight Pass for other events outside of the UFC events...

You do know that many of the current UFC champions fought previously and were signed from an organization called Strikeforce?

And that many current and past UFC fighters fought for an organization called PRIDE which also was watched and followed by many fans?

The current lightweight champ was signed from Bellator.

King of The Cage = Best Eva!

Eddie Alvarez fought in Dream, now he's the UFC champ. Overeem did too now he's fighting for the UFC HW belt. You've also got Jacare and Mousasi just to name a few. Sometimes the "minor leagues" are worth watching.

LMAO
tokoro eats gracies for breakfast dummy

LMAO

I think you are confusing BJJ tourneys with real fighting (aka MMA) dummy!....Beating someone in ADCC or Brazilian Nationals means jack shit if punches and elbows where allowed.... AND if you wanna know who eats Gracie's for breakfast, lunch and, dinner, look no further than the one, the ONLY:
image.jpeg

So you acknowledge that he had a chance, just not as much of a chance as you do?

I think you're referring to the other chap who said he had a better shot than Tokoro.

It's MMA. With the small gloves, everyone has at least a puncher's chance of winning. I said that Tokoro's record is evidence that his reckless grappling style helped his career as much as it hurt it. I don't think you can deny that.

LMAO

Let's not put Royler Gracie on a pedestal here. All things considered, he's a great grappler but a pretty shitty MMA fighter. The biggest wins of his career are over Noboru Asahi 20 years ago and a debuting Kazuyuki Miyata. He's gotten KO'd by Genki Sudo and Kid. He's also lost to grappling style fighters like Ueda and of course a much bigger Sakuraba. Tokoro's win over him isn't something that's really worth bragging about.

How Royce couldn't just beat the shit out of Tokoro despite their size difference looking like Hong Man Choi v Minowa, I will never know.

That being said, I do enjoy seeing Tokoro win and hope he knocks Kron's block off.

Last edited:
I think you're referring to the other chap who said he had a better shot than Tokoro.

It's MMA. With the small gloves, everyone has at least a puncher's chance of winning. I said that Tokoro's record is evidence that his reckless grappling style helped his career as much as it hurt it. I don't think you can deny that.

That being said, I do enjoy seeing him win and hope he knocks Kron's block off.
<{shaqs}>
Yep you're right, please accept my apologies

Its 2,5 week left, any news? Any hint of other participants?

Back