RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round PBP Discussion (9/24 @ 2 AM EST)

Updates:

Jiří Procházka (17-3-1) vs. Mark Tanios (5-1)
Amir Aliakbari (2-0) vs. João Almeida (4-1)
Teodoras Aukštuolis (9-3) vs. Szymon Bajor (15-6)
Karl Albrektsson (5-0) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (4-0)
Mirko Cro Cop (31-11-2, 1 NC) vs. Hyun Man Myung (3-2)

That should round out the card.

Rizin teased these names:

Sergei Kharitonov
Fedor Emelianenko
King Mo
Vitaly Minakov
Josh Barnett
Alexandru Lungu
Roger Gracie
Mark Hunt
Bobby Lashley
Minowaman

Instead we get these;

Mark Tanios
Joao Almeida
Szymon Bajor
Hyun Man Myung
Valentin Maldavsky

I'll still watch it, but I'm a little disappointed.

Josh Barnett
Mark Hunt

These were a given weren't going to be participants.

Fedor was kind of a given wasn't going to be happening either as it was rumored for a while he wasn't going to take part in it.

Rizin teased these names:

Sergei Kharitonov
Fedor Emelianenko
King Mo
Vitaly Minakov
Josh Barnett
Alexandru Lungu
Roger Gracie
Mark Hunt
Bobby Lashley
Minowaman
Those were names fans asked for. RIZIN never said they were possible.

Not targeting this at you but RIZIN is trying to create new stars like people here claimed they want but people are already complaining when RIZIN tries to do just that.

Not targeting this at you but RIZIN is trying to create new stars like people here claimed they want but people are already complaining when RIZIN tries to do just that.
This is correct.

Cro Cop fight essentially being a can crush, no surprise there. At least they're trying to get some eyes on their prospects though, so that's good. Still, who's the bellator representative, is it Wand?

Cro Cop fight essentially being a can crush, no surprise there. At least they're trying to get some eyes on their prospects though, so that's good. Still, who's the bellator representative, is it Wand?
I think Myung is more legit than quite a few of the guys in the GP. He's an aggressive kickboxer/Muay Thai fighter so it should be a fun fight. Cro Cop is the better skilled fighter for sure but he has a shaky chin and Myung hits fast and hard, I would pick Cro Cop to win but if there is going to be a crazy upset in the GP then I think this could be it.

I think Myung is more legit than quite a few of the guys in the GP. He's an aggressive kickboxer/Muay Thai fighter so it should be a fun fight. Cro Cop is the better skilled fighter for sure but he has a shaky chin and Myung hits fast and hard, I would pick Cro Cop to win but if there is going to be a crazy upset in the GP then I think this could be it.
Fuck off.

He's getting fed.

Fuck off.

He's getting fed.
Neat.

I never said he wasn't, just said I think Myung is a better fighter than some of the other guys in the Grand Prix and that he has the power to make something happen. Cro Cop is still the overwhelming favorite as he should be.

When you have those names posted up on your website it makes you think that is a chance of at least some of them being added. I didn't think they'd get all of those names, but at least 2-3.

Making new stars for Rizin is nice and all, but aren't most of these guys being borrowed from other organizations for the purpose of this GP? Won't they just be going back to where they were after it is all over?

Have in mind one important thing , we never know how much each fighter makes for their opening round and that is probably the reason why Kharitonov,Moe,Mir,Hunt etc is not there because they want more then 60 k usd. I think Cro Cop makes more but the rest probably gets the same fight money.

I hope you understand what i am saying, Karl/Tedoroas and Jiri are those three that is under 25 and will grow in the sport.

I know Wanderlei is getting a bye who gets the second bye?

Does anyone have a bracket? I see 12 names and no Wandy.
3-4 more TBA? Some byes? What?

RIZIN Openweight Tournament - 1st Round:
Kazuyuki Fujita (15-11) vs. Baruto Kaito (1-0)

Does anyone have a bracket? I see 12 names and no Wandy.
3-4 more TBA? Some byes? What?

RIZIN Openweight Tournament - 1st Round:
Kazuyuki Fujita (15-11) vs. Baruto Kaito (1-0)

The fights listed will give us 6 of the final 8 fighters. Wand gets a bye and so does 1 other fighter. It could be Fedor, it could be King Mo, no one knows yet.

Updated bout order and bout length.

Gabi vs. Destanie will be the opening card, there will be an intermission after Saiga vs. Yamamoto, Miyu vs. RENA will be the co-main event and Kron vs. Tokoro will main event.

WMMA bouts will be 3 5 minute rounds, Kimura vs. Krazy Horse will be 3 3 minute rounds, tournament bouts will be 2 5 minute rounds, the rest of the bouts will be 10 minute first round and 5 minute second round with the exception of Kron vs. Tokoro which will be 10 minute first round and 5 minute second and third round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated bout order and bout length.

Gabi vs. Destanie will be the opening card, there will be an intermission after Saiga vs. Yamamoto, Miyu vs. RENA will be the co-main event and Kron vs. Tokoro will main event.

WMMA bouts will be 3 5 minute rounds, Kimura vs. Krazy Horse will be 3 3 minute rounds, tournament bouts will be 2 5 minute rounds, the rest of the bouts will be 10 minute first round and 5 minute second round with the exception of Kron vs. Tokoro which will be 10 minute first round and 5 minute second and third round.

Talk a bout a cluster fuck.

CsPsi0PVUAA0Wji.jpg

Last edited:
Back