Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

I will probably give it a watch somewhere down the road but I'm not really clamoring to see it.

I'm currently trying to convince my wife to watch Donnie Darko since she's never seen it.

Take away the gayness and what's left of the movie. It's just two dudes camping.

Ask the average person to name the movie they remember most from 2005 and it's going to be Revenge of the Sith.
Another terrible take from you. Only Star Wars nerds give a shit about that movie. And most Star Wars fans acknowledge it as mediocre.

Another terrible take from you. Only Star Wars nerds give a shit about that movie. And most Star Wars fans acknowledge it as mediocre.
Yes, the movie that tied together the two trilogies across 30 years was not the most important movie of 2005.

1711154478671.png

1711154556070.png

Oh. Wow. Sure seems like a lot of people disagree with you.

Nobody said it should've won Best Picture, certainly not me. But it sure as fuck was a massive film at the time and was the movie of 2005.

Haven't finished it. But as a Conor basher I would say his acting was much better than expected. Even with all the PEDs and Coke accusations during filming.

The original Roadhouse had style and some charm thanks to Swayze. The acting was way better than this remake too. I honestly don't know what Gyllenhaal was thinking making this. The last half hour was cringey as hell. McGregor pretty much acted like he does at UFC weigh-ins or on TUF.

Last edited:
The movie was doing well for me until Conor popped in. Horrible performance...and I say that as someone who watched it because of him.

So basically you stopped watching a movie cuz you thought of it as being unrealistic?
There is unrealistic and then there is just dumb. Movies have just been getting more and more ludicrous over the years, where now getting stabbed does not even matter, just dumb.

I enjoyed it, thought it was way better than i first imagined.

Jake is a stud.

Yes, the movie that tied together the two trilogies across 30 years was not the most important movie of 2005.

View attachment 1035876

View attachment 1035877

Oh. Wow. Sure seems like a lot of people disagree with you.

Nobody said it should've won Best Picture, certainly not me. But it sure as fuck was a massive film at the time and was the movie of 2005.
Nevermind that retard

The movie is garbage, I knew it from long time a go. They don't know how to make films anymore

It basically went straight to VHS, Conor losing draw power confirmed. You think it would outdo Titanic or Avatar etc. the way Conor nuthuggers inflate his stardom.

The movie is garbage, I knew it from long time a go. They don't know how to make films anymore
It's a remake of a shit movie.

It's exactly what it's supposed to be. They were not making a new braveheart

Just watched it. Jake and Conor did a decent job but it could've been so much better. Cool action scenes but that's it

Back