Robert Whittaker hasn't been in an actual UFC Championship Fight, but has been champ for 2 years

its one of the biggest reasons i've lost interest in the ufc. imagine watching your favorite basketball team play once a year? once a year just isn't enough to get invested. there are too many weight divisions, too many fighters, and not enough fighter frequency.

I don't know most of the guys on this card and I've been watching MMA since 2001. Turning MMA into a big money diva sport destroyed everything. What I would give to go back to the Pride/UFC days of a big PPV every couple months stacked with all your favorite guys fighting 3-4 times a year.
Style over substance. The path to more profit with less product.

GSP didnt want to defend against any top guys. Whittaker as champ fought Yoel fkn Romero.
GSP fought an actual champion and won the belt decisively.

Whittaker fought a contender who was extremely burnt out from cutting weight... and still barely won in a controversial decision

I dont hate GSP but let's be real. He cherrypicked Bisping and simply didn't want to fight any of the real top contenders.

its one of the biggest reasons i've lost interest in the ufc. imagine watching your favorite basketball team play once a year? once a year just isn't enough to get invested. there are too many weight divisions, too many fighters, and not enough fighter frequency.

I don't know most of the guys on this card and I've been watching MMA since 2001. Turning MMA into a big money diva sport destroyed everything. What I would give to go back to the Pride/UFC days of a big PPV every couple months stacked with all your favorite guys fighting 3-4 times a year.
Exactly man.

You nailed it here. The fighters have become fucking Divas

This use to be a man's man sport. Tough sons of a guns coming in and proving themselves against the baddest motherfuckers on the planet... and it wasn't about money because there wasn't much in it... it was about Respect, and about the accomplishment.

Nowadays everyone is fucking making drama on social media, talking wwe shit to raise their stocks, and even holding out for money and staying away from the sport even when not injured.

Fucking ridiculous.

I used to be so fucking excited to watch a pride card, a UFC card... hell even the early Dream Cards and the WEC, Elite XC and Strikeforce cards. I would watch from prelim to the final fight.

Today I was up early (Thailand time) and still didn't bother to switch on the tv till 1 hour of the main card had passed.

I dont hate GSP but let's be real. He cherrypicked Bisping and simply didn't want to fight any of the real top contenders.
He didn't pick anything. GSP was announced to fight Woodley, but then Woodley fucked up against Wonderboy and got tons of negative backlash... and then Dana White and the UFC decided to sorta sack Woodley, and booked GSP vs Bisping instead, in favor of money for the organization... and yes, the event did VERY well.

GSP fought an actual champion and won the belt decisively.

Whittaker fought a contender who was extremely burnt out from cutting weight... and still barely won in a controversial decision
GSP beat fkn Bisping. Every elite fighter beats Bisping. Whittaker beat Roidmero.

GSP ran like the 'man' he is when presented with the Whittaker fight. But hes normal

- GSP came back after years and got an immediate title shot dethroning Bisping, then vacated the belt
- Whittaker became the champion because GSP vacated
- Romero should have been the champion after Whittaker / Romero 2
- Now Kelvin has an interim belt without having to fight

WHO IS THE TRUE CHAMPION?

The UFC needs to be quicker with stripping champions and more comfortable with having vacancies at champion for a certain period of time without muddling it up with interim title BS.

GSP was never 185 champ, you don't leapfrog the whole division against a weak champ and get to call yourself champ. Whittaker is the real champ for beating Yoel twice, there's no two ways about it. He does need to get healthy now though and defend again.

GSP, not wanting to hold the division up, vacated his belt after finding out that he had health issues related to colitis.

GSP was never going to defend the mw belt he's basically admitted it himself. He's fighting strictly for "legacy." He won't fight Tyron because he had that belt and now wants to win the lw belt but is having trouble convincing the ufc because they know he won't defend it either.

- GSP came back after years and got an immediate title shot dethroning Bisping, then vacated the belt
- Whittaker became the champion because GSP vacated
- Romero should have been the champion after Whittaker / Romero 2
- Now Kelvin has an interim belt without having to fight

WHO IS THE TRUE CHAMPION?
Simple, the one undisputed champion, the Reaper Robert Whittaker. GSP vacated because he was terrified of facing the elite at 185, so terrified he's now chasing fights at 155 pounds. Even if you say Romero won the second fight he wouldn't have been champ after he missed weight, and lastly Kelvin wasn't given an interim belt he borrowed Cejudo's. Basically you're a fucking idiot.

Simple, the one undisputed champion, the Reaper Robert Whittaker. GSP vacated because he was terrified of facing the elite at 185, so terrified he's now chasing fights at 155 pounds. Even if you say Romero won the second fight he wouldn't have been champ after he missed weight, and lastly Kelvin wasn't given an interim belt he borrowed Cejudo's. Basically you're a fucking idiot.

You're the retard here since I was clearly trolling ROFL. Go to bed you fat bitch

ufc should hold a tournament anytime a champ vacates a title.

I think its a no brainer.

Its one year and 7 months.

Back in my day numbers used to mean something.

Back