Rock v Rap

What's better?

• Total voters
Dumb comparison.

Pretty crazy how popular rap is across all demographics now though. Seems people ditched rock for EDM and rap nowadays. I see every dorky white guy and their mother bumping rap from their car now. I'm almost embarrassed for them.

To be fair, listened to a lot of rap in the early to mid 90s when I was a teenager so I have some nostalgia there if I do hear it. I can't listen the shit that's out now. It makes my ears hurt.

this EDM trash they try to pass off as rock now too. It's painful.

I can recommend some good current rock songs though.

A good start would be with QOTSA, Royal Blood, Rival Sons, Jack White/Raconteurs

How is Bavarian Polka not even an option in the poll?
Los-Angeles-German-Band-2-pic-1.jpg

I hate threads like this.

They're both good in their own way.

I prefer RnR but I enjoy both.

I remember back in the day when people who listened to pop music always said 'I listen 2 everything except rap and country"

Now I swear pop music is only rap and (post) country

Rap easily. Rock was great in the 70s-90s. Went downhill after that. Rap Music is continuously improving and is incredibly more diverse than it ever was. The quality is getting much better and reaching nations across the world every day.

There's a reason why Rap is now the biggest genre in the world and will continue to be the biggest genre.

Rap easily. Rock was great in the 70s-90s. Went downhill after that. Rap Music is continuously improving and is incredibly more diverse than it ever was. The quality is getting much better and reaching nations across the world every day.

There's a reason why Rap is now the biggest genre in the world and will continue to be the biggest genre.

McDonald's is the biggest restaurant chain in the world, doesn't make it the best

One’s an art requiring instrumental skill set, one’s a artists rendition of banana banna fo fanna.

upload_2020-5-27_0-4-57.png

A good start would be with QOTSA, Royal Blood, Rival Sons, Jack White/Raconteurs

I also suggest bands such as Ghost, Red Fang, Black Stone Cherry, Elder, Orange Goblin. One could probably be sitting here for a while but I really dig these bands and recommend them.

Quite possibly the laziest thread I've seen in a while.

This. Rap has been better in the last 20 years, and it's not even close, but that's only cause rock is dead and the only people who form bands nowadays are upper-middle class and rich whiteboys. Rock no longer rspeaks to the people. Rap does... sadly.

Back