Roid Rage Rodeo Bull vs. Adult Male Lion

Bull and water buffalo are comparable in size. Buffalo maybe a bit bigger.

Alone Male lion is going to struggle with a full grown, prime buffalo, so a bull might be able to kill it also.

Buffalo hunting almost exclusively happens in packs.

Probably going with the bull on this one.

I think eventually the Lion wins. Could go either way, but the Lion has more ways to win and is actually born to kill. Brutal fight either way.

In nature, an adult lion generally knows better than to risk it with similar animals. It would have to be extremely desperate to go at one alone. People underestimate just how massive and dangerous these animals are. There are many videos of lions being gored and tossed like children which results in extremely serious wounds. It usually takes a number of lions to bring one down.

In a 1v1 scenario in an enclosure? Hard to say anything for certain. It likely comes down to attrition and who handles the situation better.

I'm going with reflexes over strength. I think the Lion could dodge until the Bull gets tired and then pounce.

If it were a Lioness though and she turns her back and goes head down tail up she would drain all his energy 100% win rate.

I’d go with the bull to be honest. They’re significantly larger and more powerful than a male lion. Lions hunt African Buffalo, but generally not alone, and definitely not a bull Buffalo alone. Your typical rodeo bull is going to be 1500+ lbs whereas the largest a male lion can get is about 550 lbs. A really aggressive rodeo bull is going to stomp a lion to Bolivian.

The Lion might get turned into a panic climber.

MAASAI-MARA-KENYA-_3317096b.jpg

Buffalo power can send them flying.

lion-2.jpg

The Lion might get turned into a panic climber.

MAASAI-MARA-KENYA-_3317096b.jpg

Buffalo power can send them flying.

lion-2.jpg

Well to be fair, the first is an entire herd of buffalo and the second was by surprise on what looks to be a lioness.

It is possible for an adult lion to take down a decent-sized buffalo:

A lioness was also present in this case which changed the dynamic a bit but it's pretty clear that an adult lion isn't necessarily terrified of a single buffalo.

A single lion usually won't risk it but that doesn't mean they can't handle themselves. Also, buffalo often make stupid decisions, especially if they are panicking and alone.

Love lions but money on bull

Rare case lion go 1v1 with a buffalo lion is picking carefully wich prey target, be it very young, female or old

I never seen lion take on big healthy aggressive male buffalo, and even on lesser specimen i seen it often struggle a lot

Spanish bull would likely get fucked up by african buffalo wich is heavier and wild, but are athletic af beasts, selected to be fast, strong and aggressive.

Also while slighty smaller size would make it struggle against heavier and tougher buffalo, at 500/600kg spanish bulls are more than big enough to kill a lion and the extra speed/agility would make it even more dangerous, as in case of clash felids generally would try at least use higher speed/mobility as advantage over bovids
rj8E1ug.gif
bull-rage.gif

Essentially if you're a Lightweight you'll be even more in trouble against a fast/eplosive HW rather than largest slower one

Love lions but money on bull

Rare case lion go 1v1 with a buffalo lion is picking carefully wich prey target, be it very young, female or old

I never seen lion take on big healthy aggressive male buffalo, and even on lesser specimen i seen it often struggle a lot

Spanish bull would likely get fucked up by african buffalo wich is heavier and wild, but are athletic af beasts, selected to be fast, strong and aggressive.

Also while slighty smaller size would make it struggle against heavier and tougher buffalo, at 500/600kg spanish bulls are more than big enough to kill a lion and the extra speed/agility would make it even more dangerous, as in case of clash felids generally would try at least use higher speed/mobility as advantage over bovids
bull-rage.gif

Dude that bull looks so excited. Imagine how much fun he was having just rag dolling everything in site lol

Raging bull trapped in a cage with a lion and the lion is mangled every time imo.

Lions in numbers have a difficult time hanging onto water buffalo and bringing large game down, imagine the problem for one with a bucking mass of 1500 lbs. Any single stomp break a lion body part and from there it's just a shellacking.

Lions only chance is somehow getting the throat instantly (don't see how that happens).

Last edited:
Back