Media Daniel Cormier: "I love what Jones is doing" in trying to duck Aspinall

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”
I always love when you guys always conveniently gloss over that the entire issue Jon says is that DC had already moved up to HW so now had a power and size advantage cause Jones was still LHW sized. Not that Jones wouldn't fight DC at HW if they were both HW sized.

You're delusional as fuck if you think the current HW adapted and sized Jon would've ever had any issue fighting HW DC.

WAY more balls than your coward EVER showed - a full decade hiding from HW.​

With his second-round submission victory over Derrick Lewis, Cormier pushed his record to 15-0 in the big boy division, which includes 10 victories by way of stoppage and four straight wins when competing in the Octagon as a heavyweight.

Jon's hiding from all, YES EVERY HW, earned a cheating legacy confirmed by all watching his gutless year after year conduct that continues to this day.
Man, it must've been confusing for you when Jon obliterated Gane despite Cormier telling you Gane would beat him.

Man, it must've been confusing for you when Jon obliterated Gane despite Cormier telling you Gane would beat him.

Your hero's beyond reproach, your posts just make his cowardice more evident.

Wish he'd hurry and up and retire already

The realest thing DC has said in years.

Which is rich to bring up considering that on top of being HW champion he was also reigning and defending LW champion and sucessfully defended both belts at the same time.

both HW and LW champ?
Impressive.
But we really gotta do something about the weight cutting issue.

Yeah Jon has no way out, even if Pereira smokes Ankalaev next there's no way they could justify to the fans how Pereira could get a HW title fight before Aspinall if he's healthy and able to fight.

Isn't he fighting Jiri instead of Ankalaev?

It's already obvious that the UFC is "staging certain fights that fit better for Jon." That's the whole reason people are universally calling for the Aspinall fight, and it hasn't stopped the UFC from moving forward with the Stipe fight.

You guys don't seem to realize that the UFC can do whatever it wants. They're already passing up legitimate contenders (and an interim title holder) for a retired 42-year-old who got flatlined in his last fight and hasn't won in 4 years. They could just as easily pass by Aspinall again after the Stipe fight. Just like they did with Bisping fighting 46-year-old Hendo and then a retired welterweight while guys like Yoel, Whittaker, and Jacare were the rightful contenders.

Could Jones-Aspinall happen after Stipe? Sure. But it's certainly not a guarantee. At this point, I think the more likely scenario is that Jones retires. But if Alex goes in and starches Ankalaev (or whomever he fights next), I wouldn't be shocked if he skipped Aspinall. Again, the UFC can do whatever it wants.

Aspinall's clearest way to a title fight is to make himself as marketable and hyped as possible, i.e., becoming the "money fight." And the best way he could do that is to impressively defend his title multiple times before the Jones-Stipe fight ever happens.
What a surprise to see someone that is seeing the situation for what it is instead of what it should be. Tom has no leverage in this situation at all. His only real option is to just wait until Stipe and Jon have their fight while fighting a couple of times in the mean time. Is it fair? No. Is it stupid? Absofuckinglutely but nothing Tom says or anyone posts on here is going to make a difference whatsoever because like as you said, at the end of the day it's about what the UFC wants. Not us.

What an excellent strawman.

Meanwhile, in something that actually happened, DC was the reigning LHW champion when Jon returned and DC refused to defend against him so they had to make Jon vs Gus 2 for the vacant belt instead.

Then the night before he was to be stripped DC pettily vacated the title himself so that history wouldn't officially record him as having been stripped.

"I’d rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped."

Oh look, another awful post from you. Pure revisionist history. DC was already the heavyweight champion by the time Jones came back and fought Gus. You just aren't capable of being honest when it comes to fighters you like, are you?

Back