Media Ronda Rousey on CTE fears: "I never wanted to talk about concussion. It felt like a weakness"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fair for her to be concerned. Even if her worry is legitimate, Rousey threads seemingly exist solely for people to shit on her. Never change Suredawg.
In Sherdogs defense, Ronda can be pretty insufferable. No one really likes a delusional sore loser (me no likey her either). Just be humble and congratulate your opponent, it's easy.

I blame most of it on her mom btw, you can't have those kind of character flaws without a good bit of help.

Last edited:
I never got the Rhonda hate, I've always been fairly indifferent to her.

She never did anything THAT bad to be hated as much as she is.

She has been an elite competitor in judo and mma, for that she gets my respect.
This place HATES stardom. Not niche hardcore MMA-fan only stardom, but the crossover type.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a fighter crosses over into that stratosphere this place starts hating hard.

Ronda is whatever, but gets way more hate than really warranted, because she got a lot of attention and people don't like others getting too much shine.

I never got the Rhonda hate, I've always been fairly indifferent to her.

She never did anything THAT bad to be hated as much as she is.

She has been an elite competitor in judo and mma, for that she gets my respect.
When you are a public figure people tend to see your personality and how you behave. Ronda is not a criminally bad person like Jones or Mcgregor, but she displayed tons of entitlement and narcissism which makes it very easy to dislike her.

It’s so bad to people that pay attention that it’s probably a diagnosable personality disorder. If not multiple clusters or whatever

This place HATES stardom. Not niche hardcore MMA-fan only stardom, but the crossover type.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a fighter crosses over into that stratosphere this place starts hating hard.

Ronda is whatever, but gets way more hate than really warranted, because she got a lot of attention and people don't like others getting too much shine.
Ronda is a special case and the hate has nothing to do with Stardom. It has everything to do with her personality and how she behaves. I don't know how some people can't see that.

Happens when you bump your head on your shoulder all the time while shadow boxing.

I agree that great success is usually frowned on in here(undefeated = overrated), but to be fair, Ronda played the arrogant heel her entire career and earned the ire of the fans, who couldn't wait for her to be humbled. I don't think the hate is as unwarranted as others who don't go out of their way to be a prick when they're on top. She wanted to play that role, but wasn't prepared for the consequences of playing that role when she lost. Nothing will bring the sharks out like a sensitive bully.

Isn't she still doing pro wrestling? She can't be that worried.

She's been thrown a million times though, you're not hitting your head but there's still a jarring effect on the brain.

Even if you tuck your chin and fall properly you do still hit your head. Plenty of collisions as well. Anytime you have contact in any sport there is a chance of head collisions.

I agree that great success is usually frowned on in here(undefeated = overrated), but to be fair, Ronda played the arrogant heel her entire career and earned the ire of the fans, who couldn't wait for her to be humbled. I don't think the hate is as unwarranted as others who don't go out of their way to be a prick when they're on top. She wanted to play that role, but wasn't prepared for the consequences of playing that role when she lost. Nothing will bring the sharks out like a sensitive bully.
She played the roll everyone created for her, and was then punished for it.

I'm not saying she wasn't a twat, but the hate FAR exceeds anything she ever said or did. Most of it comes from shit Joe Rogan and Dana White said... hype.

Now when she repeats the narratives that were objectively and undeniably around her during her career, she's chastised for that, too, even though she didn't create the narratives but acknowledges their existence.

She played the roll everyone created for her, and was then punished for it.

I'm not saying she wasn't a twat, but the hate FAR exceeds anything she ever said or did. Most of it comes from shit Joe Rogan and Dana White said... hype.

Now when she repeats the narratives that were objectively and undeniably around her during her career, she's chastised for that, too, even though she didn't create the narratives but acknowledges their existence.
She didn't play no "role". For God's sakes, we've seen how bad her acting is. What you see is what you get with Ronda. I don't know why you're trying to defend her behavior and cast it off as something it wasn't.

Last edited:
Mandatory gif in every Ronda thread.
c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

I was never a fan of Ronda but some of y'all are just being awful. I've known people going through dementia and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. If she has a family history of Alzheimer's and dementia along with a definite history of repeated head trauma she's right to be worried. I hope she dodges that bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back