Media Ronda Rousey says “I’m the greatest fighter that has ever lived.”

I think that some competitors need to believe in themselves to the point of delusion. If that's that the thing that lets her walk into the cage with someone looking to beat her unconscious... that's cool with me.

Whether it's Ronda, GSP, Mir, Nick Diaz... the psychology of some of the greatest ever is usually a mess.

Well said

Rousey-shadow-boxing.gif

It IS a well known fact that she destroyed multiple boxing champions (both male & female) in sparring with simple body shots. So, she's not that far off.

She's a lot like Conor in the sense that her delusion found her success,. That same delusion is now just... delusion.

I wouldn't disagree with most entertaining. ALL of her fights were super exciting. Can't say that for all but a few fighters.

Eh, they weren't that exciting, other than when she was getting laid out. There are a ton of male fighters who are way more exciting than she ever was.

Rouseymania was good while it lasted.

I watched the new Roadhouse movie last weekend and thought it was terrible. I wonder if Ronda’s version would have been any better. Maybe

It's a book tour.
Really??? about what? her life ducking one fighter and getting crushed by two others? then her "journey" through depression and ending up on a declining "sport" soap opera working for a sexual predator? Ghost written by whom??? there is plenty of actual good literature... who is gonna read that???

Rousey-shadow-boxing.gif

It IS a well known fact that she destroyed multiple boxing champions (both male & female) in sparring with simple body shots. So, she's not that far off.
You are kidding right...

lol Gina Carano would crush her in 2 seconds

there is Ronda is awful and then there is straight up bullshit.... Gina crushing her at what??? Likable personality?

She's not addressing her losses. She's making irrelevant and clearly ridiculous excuses like "I slipped on some stairs and had a concussion going into the Holm fight, and I had a bad mouth guard, and a bad weight cut." Addressing her losses would be saying something honest like, "Once I was unable to clinch with Holm, she got the better of me in the standup."

Also, she fell victim to being on top.

Holm was specifically training to beat her from the time that she got signed by the UFC, and that was Holm's best performance in her career.

That's what makes long-term dominant champion champions so amazing. Everybody has a read on their style, but they keep winning any way.

Eh, they weren't that exciting, other than when she was getting laid out. There are a ton of male fighters who are way more exciting than she ever was.
Bullshit

Her fights were exciting.

Her fight w Cat Zingano was amazing, as was the first fight w Tate.

Guess the quote

"There's a lot of guys her size she could beat, I mean, a lot. If you took the roster of the UFC's bantamweights, 135 pounds, and you paired them up against Ronda Rousey, she might be able to beat 50 percent of them. That's not a joke"
Dickless McGee

GSP's mindset may have been good for his career, but a guy who's obsessing over how scared he is (and justifiably so), is absolutely not in a great headspace.

Fear and anxiety made him cautious and caution made him dominant, but it probably wasn't a great head space to live in for months at a time.
I agree. It made him successful, but also neurotic. He arguably could have finished more fights too. But he also could have lost more often, so hard to find too much fault in his approach.

Back