Routinely inconsistent

Got out on the ice yesterday for a light skate. 45 minutes of just skating around and shooting pucks. I still suck. That was followed by an ok workout.

Today, great workout!

Yesterday

Light stretch

OHP
45lbs x 5
95lbs x 5
115lbs x 3 x 5

Dumbbell seated OHP
35lbs DBs x 5
50lbs DBs x 3 x 6

Curls lol
20lbs x 3 x 8

Static stretch

Today

Light stretch

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 3
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 3 x 3
245lbs x 1
275lbs x 1
295lbs x 1

Bulgarian Split Squats
35lbs DBs x 5 x 5

Ab wheel
3 x 8

Static stretch

I’ve been going to the gym, just too lazy to log, to my own detriment, as I have a tough time remembering what sets/reps/weights I did.

Went last night at 1am, probably shouldn’t have. Tired, and smelled like skunk (my dogs got sprayed Friday night).

Didn’t warm up/cool down that well , and my hip is feeling it today.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
250lbs x 3

Bulgarian split squat
BW x 5
50lbs DBs x 4 x 5
BW x 10

Again, I’ve been going to the gym, just not logging.

Anyways, here’s the last two.

Monday
Light stretch

Bench
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 3 x 5

Pull ups
BW x 3 x 6

Dips
BW x 3 x 10

Levering exercises at home.

Static stretch

Tuesday
Light stretch

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
230lbs x 3 x 3

Bulgarian split squat
BW x 8
35lbs DBs x 3 x 8
BW x 10

Back extension
BW x 10
BW+25lbs x 3 x 8

Ab Wheel
3 x 10

Static stretch

hat kind of programming are you following?

I don’t even know anymore. It started out as a bastardized version of Texas method. With injuries and a busy schedule, it has devolved into random exercises I do to stay in shape ish.

I’m looking to get back on an actual program once I move back east and see what kind of gym setup I can muster up.

I don’t even know anymore. It started out as a bastardized version of Texas method. With injuries and a busy schedule, it has devolved into random exercises I do to stay in shape ish.

I’m looking to get back on an actual program once I move back east and see what kind of gym setup I can muster up.

I plugged my numbers into the Madcow spreadsheet and just do what I can. In the beginning (first 12-14 weeks) you'll likely sail through the workouts. Right now I'm starting to have to separate the workouts. So last night I did squats and bench. I'll row today, as long as I get the numbers in for the week, I'm good. Even if I have to take a week and a half I'm still progressing.

I plugged my numbers into the Madcow spreadsheet and just do what I can. In the beginning (first 12-14 weeks) you'll likely sail through the workouts. Right now I'm starting to have to separate the workouts. So last night I did squats and bench. I'll row today, as long as I get the numbers in for the week, I'm good. Even if I have to take a week and a half I'm still progressing.

I think I’ll be doing something along those lines. As long as the work is being done at some point, doesn’t make a huge difference!

Got a decent workout in.

Light stretching

Bench
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 5

Cable rows
120lbs x 5
160lbs x 5 x 5

Dips
BW x 3 x 10

Levering exercises

Static stretches

I've learned a lot about how retarded my lifting was until Feb 2019.

I've learned a lot about how retarded my lifting was until Feb 2019.

I know my lifting’s not great, or even good at all, but I’m content treading water for the time being. Lol

Being a shift worker who can’t turn down overtime is not conducive to quality sleep/rest, and therefore no real gains.

Once I move back, I start a true 4 on 4 off schedule, with minimal differences in shift times. Should see some progress, hopefully lol.

I suppose you're still getting shit done, which is good!

Reading Madcow, seeing the ramp up sets and the break down of everything, it speaks to me.
Its been my best program

Basically I take no breaks between sets until I can't, then I take a 20 minute break between set 4 and 5 then between 3-4 and 4-5. I get through the whole workout in less than an hour. Yes, you'll feel like nothing is happening for the first 4-5 weeks, then you'll start to feel things getting tougher. I ran this for 12 weeks without missing a rep. When I reset, I got to about 6-8, now its more like 4-5.

Its been my best program

Basically I take no breaks between sets until I can't, then I take a 20 minute break between set 4 and 5 then between 3-4 and 4-5. I get through the whole workout in less than an hour. Yes, you'll feel like nothing is happening for the first 4-5 weeks, then you'll start to feel things getting tougher. I ran this for 12 weeks without missing a rep. When I reset, I got to about 6-8, now its more like 4-5.

Well i’m sold.

So you pretty much superset, then take a big break if need be, before your top set?

Well i’m sold.

So you pretty much superset, then take a big break if need be, before your top set?

yes. My break is switching the weight.
So for example:

Squat
no break
no break
no break (maybe 2 minutes)
2 minutes

But I play with this a lot based on how he day goes. sets of 5 gives you time under the bar at light weights for practice, and just enough for stimulus. If you look at the total relevant volume on the spreadsheet, its a lot.

yes. My break is switching the weight.
So for example:

Squat
no break
no break
no break (maybe 2 minutes)
2 minutes

But I play with this a lot based on how he day goes. sets of 5 gives you time under the bar at light weights for practice, and just enough for stimulus. If you look at the total relevant volume on the spreadsheet, its a lot.

I appreciate the breakdown as well as you just coming in here to check up on me!

I just see that we've very similar in our lifting and the life we live around it. I'm losing the attitude that just getting in the work is enough. I'm really pushing myself by the end of my workouts.

When I was training with the International student that was living in my house I always told him if he can do 5, do 7! It helped him push through and left to go back to Italy and complete monster! I have applied my own advice in my training now. Yes, I might cut things short, but you better believe I've worked hard when do.

In my current Madcow program I'm pushing for more reps by the last set.

I just see that we've very similar in our lifting and the life we live around it. I'm losing the attitude that just getting in the work is enough. I'm really pushing myself by the end of my workouts.

When I was training with the International student that was living in my house I always told him if he can do 5, do 7! It helped him push through and left to go back to Italy and complete monster! I have applied my own advice in my training now. Yes, I might cut things short, but you better believe I've worked hard when do.

In my current Madcow program I'm pushing for more reps by the last set.

That’s awesome man! I’m glad you regained that fire. In the new year we should have another lifting comp. I’m hoping to improve my hockey skills weigh a coach, so hopefully that puts a fire under my ass for training.

Seeing your numbers, don’t sell yourself short and say we’re similar. Lmao

Last night was good. Hip is getting better, i think.

Light stretch

Single leg glute bridge
3 x 10

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
250lbs x 3

Deadlift
135lbs x 5
225lbs x 3 x 5

Bulgarian split squat
BW x 5 x 10

Static stretch

I’ve been randomly doing 3 sets of 5 second glute squeezes throughout the last few days, and my hip is feeling way better. Squats almost didn’t hurt at all today! Dead butt syndrome is a real thing lol.

Light stretch

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
240lbs x 3 x 3

Bulgarian split squat
BW x 10
40lbs DBs x 5 x 6

Ab Wheel x 15

Static stretch

I had done a quick workout on Monday, it was ok. Today’s workout was ok too. Hip flexor didn’t hurt per say, just felt a little tight. Improvement! Lol

Monday
Light stretch

OHP
45lbs x 5
95lbs x 5
120lbs x 3 x 5

BOR
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
185lbs x 3 x 5

Static stretch