International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are talking about the same thing here. Let me spell it out.

After WW1 Germany was purposefully humiliated - that led to the rise of Hitler

After WW2 the American funded Marshall plan helped Germany reconstruct

Which seems the better choice / outcome

But the Marshal Plan was only possible after Hitler was dead and Germany had been bombed to rubble. Sometimes, the Stick has to come before the Carrot.

Reactions: lsa
We could discuss whether nuking (Japanese) civilians is an acceptable war tactic, but probably in a new thread.

Maybe more human thing than stuff Unit 731 did with Chinesse for example.
Why all posters defending russia and accusing U.S for nukes on Japan .....

Aren't willing to talk about plague etc used by Japan on chinesse civilians even before U.S had entered in the war vs Japan after Japan's attack ....Pearl Harbour....
Were chinesse civilians happy to get plague from japanesse biolabs?

But the Marshal Plan was only possible after Hitler was dead and Germany had been bombed to rubble. Sometimes, the Stick has to come before the Carrot.

I agree. The discussion started when someone stated that Russia should be ground down once they lose, which I questioned.

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing here. Let me spell it out.

After WW1 Germany was purposefully humiliated - that led to the rise of Hitler

After WW2 the American funded Marshall plan helped Germany reconstruct

Which seems the better choice / outcome

You mean after they were defeated and forced too? kinda like what needs to happen to Russia....a forced intervention...

Maybe more human thing than stuff Unit 731 did with Chinesse for example.
Why all posters defending russia and accusing U.S for nukes on Japan .....

Aren't willing to talk about plaque etc used by Japan on chinesse civilians even before U.S had entered in the war vs Japan after Japan's attack ....Pearl Harbour....
Were chinesse civiliams happy to get plague from japanesse biolabs?

You may agree with collective punishment of civilians for crimes committed by their countrymen, but I don’t.

You mean after they were defeated and forced too? kinda like what needs to happen to Russia....a forced intervention...

That’s fine. But it’s very different to the proposition that started this discussion:

“This. Russian needs to be broken. They need to be hurt so badly they will find it impossible to even contemplate invading another nation for a very long time. And let Russia's utter humiliation stand as an object lesson to any other bunch of shitbags who think they can rape, pillage and burn their neighbours with impunity.”

You may agree with collective punishment of civilians for crimes committed by their countrymen, but I]
______^_^___
I easily might see that you are dreamer: let's sell Ukr to Russia and we will get cheaper fuel for car and live in peace and prosperity....

I know why you are posting such opinions indirectly....

U maybe think that if sales deal will be done, everything will be fine for you.
Will not be.
The same U.K will get x more refugees and more bullying from Russia.

Germany will be full with refugees....
And will be bullied by Russia as never before during last 30 years....
In best case.
I worst case it will be deNazified....

That’s fine. But it’s very different to the proposition that started this discussion:

“This. Russian needs to be broken. They need to be hurt so badly they will find it impossible to even contemplate invading another nation for a very long time. And let Russia's utter humiliation stand as an object lesson to any other bunch of shitbags who think they can rape, pillage and burn their neighbours with impunity.”

Ok fair enough....so what should happen to Russia after this ends with Russia likely being pushed back to their border within 3-6months (my guestimate) ?

I don't care about your opinion.

I easily might see that you are dreamer: let's sell Ukr to Russia and we will get cheaper fuel for car and live in peace and prosperity....

I know why you are posting such opinions indirectly....

U maybe think that if sales deal will be done, everything will be fine for you.
Will not be.
The same U.K will get x more refugees and more bullying from Russia.

Germany will be full with refugees....
And will be bullied by Russia as never before during last 30 years....
In best case.
I worst case it will be deNazified....

Why do you spend half your life on these forums if you don’t care about other peoples opinions?

And if you don’t care about my opinions, why do you write a lengthy post arguing against them?

You wasted your time though, as you do t understand my opinions at all.

But that’s OK. Because you don’t care about them.

Just remember the average Russian citizen suffers too as well as you Ukrainians. We need humanity.
Russia will hate you if will see humanity.

Stuff they respect are only direct death threats, famine or actual violence....
Anyhting else makes them laugh.
Cavemans mentality.

Ok fair enough....so what should happen to Russia after this ends with Russia likely being pushed back to their border within 3-6months (my guestimate) ?

That’s the difficult bit. I guess it starts with a deal which both sides can live with and some conditions based carrots to Russia and to what is hopefully a new leadership at that point.

Why do you spend half your life on these forums if you don’t care about other peoples opinions?

And if you don’t care about my opinions, why do you write a lengthy post arguing against them?

You wasted your time though, as you do t understand my opinions at all.

But that’s OK. Because you don’t care about them.
I don't care about Kremlin's supporters opinions.

While it is interesting to see other posters and their opinions.

You support Kremlin so ....

And I stand by that. Russians only respect strength.

I'm not saying that we should punish the Russian people after the war is over. I'm saying that until Russia has been beaten so badly it cannot claim even the most meagre victory, we should keep the pressure up. Once the Russians have been forced to realise they will not be allowed to attack other countries without the direst consequences, then we can adopt a more diplomatic approach.

Just remember the average Russian citizen suffers too as well as you Ukrainians. We need humanity.

I agree, it's ghoulish to talk about 'nuking' Russia or Moscow.

Unfortunately, the Russian President is the one likely to dictate what extremes are required.

We shouldn't be talking about nuclear war at all, and hopefully it's all bunkum.

Two Russians intercepted trying to flee to Alaska.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63160469

As Moscow tries to mobilise extra soldiers for the war effort, thousands have fled Russia to avoid being conscripted for war in Ukraine.

They include two Russian nationals who have been detained by US officials after arriving in a small boat on St Lawrence Island in Alaska.

According to the two US senators who represent the state, the men landed at a beach in the village of Gambell and requested asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.