International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they in cahoots with Putin who gets a cut or how does it all work out?

He's probably getting a cut from Russian production.. probably has been for ages judging by some of the estimates of his wealth.

As far as I can see 75% or so of ethnic Russians in Russia are suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome and jaundice, so the Muslims from the Caucasus probably are quite a bit healthier lol.

Please give us a source where you pulled this information out!

While I agree that the average of children with FASD in Russia is higher than in western Europe, I highly doubt your stated figure of 75% because according to official data "only" up to 20% of russian woman drink during pregnancy. Which means less than 20% of children suffer from FASD, which is 3x less than your figure.

To state that 75% of russian children have FASD because you believe that all Russians are drunks is like saying that 75% of those muslim kids in the caucasus are terrorism sympathizers.

Polling stations close - Kremlin warns of consequences
Today, the polling stations are expected to close in the occupied regions of Ukraine, where the Russian puppet government has in recent days organized so-called referendums on joining the areas to Russia.

The results of the polls, which have been declared invalid by Ukraine and large parts of the rest of the world, can be announced on Tuesday evening or during Wednesday, writes AFP.

- Saving the people in these territories where the referendum is taking place [...] is the focus of our entire society and country, says Vladimir Putin during a televised meeting.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says the referendums will have "radical" legal ramifications and "security consequences". He once again referred to Russia's threat to defend what the country sees as its territory with nuclear weapons, writes AFP.

According to the British Ministry of Defence, there is a "realistic possibility" that on Friday Putin will declare the occupied Ukrainian regions as Russian.

https://omni.se/senaste

Nuclear physicists and engineers running from Russia everyday over 10,000 a day leave the drunks back in Russia.

Even the news reporter says that they run because they don't want to do the fighting, not because they oppose the war in general. That's fucking sad and unsettling.

If Russia was winning, there wouldn't be any noise at all.

Last edited:
It's offical, government just voted yes and issued a state of emergency on the Russian border until december 26th.

So even stricter background checks on the incoming Russian citizens, and increased presence and alert level of Army, police and security services. And a 50% pay raise to those who participate.

Last edited:
Huge chunk of the Wagner convict volunteers surrendered. Russia refuses to exchange them because they are regarded as deserters. I think Ukraine will have at least 100.000 prisoners of war before spring that Russia has no interest in taking back. I hope they'll be able to use them as work force of some sort.
Maybe that’s the plan behind the mobilization- saddle the Ukrainian armed forces with too many pows

It's offical, government just voted yes and issued a state of emergency on the Russian border until december 26th.

So even stricter background checks on the incoming Russian citizens, and increased presence of Army, police and security services.
What's the overall mood there?

I want Putin to show up in a meeting with this Russian product lol.

1987_Lada_Niva_1600.jpg
I would still drive the fuck out of one of those. Almost bought one 20 years ago, it was just a bit too beaten.

Who's your 'they'? The only formal news reports I've seen just sheepishly say 'erm, it looks like 'someone' has sabotaged them' (I expect a memo will go round telling them to get on message and at least semi-officially implicate the Russians over the next 48 hours - although so far the mouthpieces I've seen are saying 'shitty Russian construction and maintenance' which is funny on multiple levels one being it was also built, and maintained, by Germans). Even (UK based!) tabloid commenters I've seen so far can see past this BS...

There's no reason for Russia to destroy the nordstream pipes (by entering Danish waters to do it to boot) outside the realm of bizarro 5-D chess conspiracies. It already controlls the gas flow, it could dismantle the pipes in its own territory (in case it wanted to repair them later) if it wanted to more permanently inactivate/depressurize them, and although Germany is very unlikely to defy the USA and start asking for more gas again the mere presence of the pipes creates a certain pressure/temptation to do so (especially if the shit really hits the fan for German business & manufacturing) which is a very nice carrot for Russia to keep hold of and dangle over them.

Diving undersea in Danish waters to destroy cables that are German property to make sure Germany (and Europe) is good an properly screwed is within the capabilities and the interests of one state only, and as it happens the loose-lipped Head of that state openly said they were gonna do this, months ago.

Just another act of terrorism by Great Satan USA against Europeans, nothing to see here...

i love these crazy CTers they are a good laugh.

um... yes.

if you think that sounds like something they wouldn't do and it's crazy to even suggest so, then that's merely a reflection of a very high level of ignorance about these kinds of things on your part.

(I mean there's even a video - literally posted right there - of the Prez openly saying they'll wreck it regardless of the Germans - what more do you want?)

The US has done crazy stuff in the past and no doubt will continue to do so in the future, but it seems more likely to me that this is Russia demonstrating their capabilities - letting Europe imagine what might happen if they did this to a few of the key gas pipelines from Norway...

The US was doing a pretty good job of shutting down Nord Stream 2 through sanctions even before the war started, which is obviously in their strategic interests.

The US has done crazy stuff in the past and no doubt will continue to do so in the future, but it seems more likely to me that this is Russia demonstrating their capabilities - letting Europe imagine what might happen if they did this to a few of the key gas pipelines from Norway...

The US was doing a pretty good job of shutting down Nord Stream 2 through sanctions even before the war started, which is obviously in their strategic interests.

Victoria Nuland declared that NS2 would not open if Russia invaded Ukraine, one way or another, in testimony before Congress, but did not elaborate. I'm not a CT guy, but that is unsettling.

What's the overall mood there?

tl;dr

Untitled-design-48.jpg

People are cheering for Ukraine, because they are fighting for the survival of our nation.

There is a rise of xenophobia from all sides (Russians, Ukrainians, Latvians).

The 25% inflation is insane. Price of bread has doubled, heating and electricity bills have tripled/quadrupled. In winter it will get even worse.

We'll probably get hit with a wave of emmigration and brain drain, which is sad, because recently we started having positive net migration for the first time of our history.

We are spending record ammounts of money on military, and introducing conscription, starting from January, and pushing the first voluntary batches into military education to prepare capable personnel asap.

We also established a military alliance with Lithuania and Estonia. Seems like we are cautious about NATO support if shit hits the fan, and will do all we can to be able to take care of ourselves. I'd be shitting myself too, if what the PM of Estonia said is true about NATO's defense plan, which is that NATO plans to do nothing with us and will focus on defending Poland instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.