Sabas Stock Pro series valcro 14 Oz

Thanks! How do the gloves feel generally in terms of padding, wrist support etc?

For the benefit of the thread, Sabas have messaged me to say that their gloves are made in Mexico and that the reason there were bubbles is because they used a different method of filling the foam than they do now, so now there is no such problem.

Honestly, I think I might order a pair (or two). They seem great if this is really true.
Generally sabas is good but not the best, worth the price, i have no complaint with the padding and wrist (though the velcro doesn't give wrist protection as good as Rival RS11v or Hayabusa T3). Some folks here love the proseries.

My custom Sabas had Mexican shipping info in the packaging, so I have always thought that claim to be BS

Update:
I did check out leadersboxing.com (alleged supplier of Sabas) and I can see some of the similarities:
  • The Pro Series looks similar to some of the leadersboxing Pro & Elite Pro
  • Only some of the super soft models from leadersboxing look similar to Sabas Supersoft, the others are too puffy & round (very typical of Pakistani gloves)
  • The stitching for the elastic over the palm is almost exactly the same between the leadersboxing gloves and those 2 Sabas models in velcro (but not other Sabas models in velcro)
  • Even though some of the models are very similar, leadersboxing actually welts some of the seams where Sabas doesn't.
  • I don't see anything from leadersboxing that looks comparable to either the Bella or the Prime Series
  • I think the facesaver headgears look very similar.
  • The cheek protector headgears don't look the same imho (different liner, cleaner lines on the Sabas, chinstrap looks buckle type on leadersboxing).
  • The groin protectors look almost identical (at least the 2 black ones, the leadersboxing brown cup is a disaster of messy stitching).
  • leadersboxing doesn't have any mitts or paddles, so no idea if them or their suppliers are close to Sabas on this one
  • Handwraps definitely look different
  • leadersboxing costs more than Sabas in a lot of cases (unless it's sale items)
My final thoughts are that both companies are heavily influenced by Grant. In fact, I think the thumbs and welted seams on leadersboxing gloves are more faithful to Grant than Sabas gloves are. With a lot of gloves trying to make an affordable Grant glove, it's not surprising that there will be huge similarities.

Last edited:
Back