Media Sam Alvey Wins in Karate Combat!

Makes me miss the WCL Chuck Norris's league. I was right into this when it was on.
51E3RihR8dL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

20140321-225343.jpg

Notable UFC fighters that competed.

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson
Pat Barry
Felice Herrig
Uriah Hall
Raymond Daniels (Bellator/Strikeforce)
I thought Wonderboy was TKD? I know Berry is Kickboxing. How the fuck does this dumb crap work?

I thought Wonderboy was TKD? I know Berry is Kickboxing. How the fuck does this dumb crap work?
again from Wiki:
The World Combat League (WCL) was a full contact, team-based kickboxing promotion. It was founded by movie star and martial artist Chuck Norris.

Any striking techniques from Boxing, International-Style Kickboxing, and Full-Contact Karate were allowed.

In order to maintain the fast pace of the action, clinching, holding or ground fighting (grappling) were prohibited.[1]

Thompson was a kickboxer glad I could educate you. :cool:

again from Wiki:
The World Combat League (WCL) was a full contact, team-based kickboxing promotion. It was founded by movie star and martial artist Chuck Norris.

Any striking techniques from Boxing, International-Style Kickboxing, and Full-Contact Karate were allowed.

In order to maintain the fast pace of the action, clinching, holding or ground fighting (grappling) were prohibited.[1]

Thompson was a kickboxer glad I could educate you. :cool:
Kickboxing has a belt system?

Full build up and fight straight from Sams YT page get on there and show some love.

what the hell are you talking about? who said anything about belts??? I made one little joke a bout a belt I am genuinely confused. Look man you're either on the Smilin Sam War Bus or your not.
They're decked out with blackbelts, which is why I was initially thinking it was as a TKD thing. Then Barry and Stephen Thompson were in it, which are kickboxers. I'm as confused as you are now.

Nothing in life is free. What's the catch?

It's on YouTube and you have to pay your own internet?

I'm serious. I don't work for them, but I'm always down for some free MMA and the like. Just trying to spread the word and support an up-and-coming organization.

<Fedor23>

Especially when it's free. ;)

It's on YouTube and you have to pay your own internet?

I'm serious. I don't work for them, but I'm always down for some free MMA and the like. Just trying to spread the word and support an up-and-coming organization.

<Fedor23>

Especially when it's free. ;)
I wasn't being sarcastic haha! I'm just trying to understand how they make enough to have it out for free!

Going to check it out sometime

Back