Media Sam Alvey Wins in Karate Combat!

van-blood-sport.gif

Kickboxing has a belt system?
Thompson is a black belt in Kempo Karate. No TKD and no kickboxing. When you see a guy jumping on his toes back and forth, think point Karate. Venon Page and Wonderboy are the poster boys in MMA of this style. His dad owned a gym and the dude started training before he could even walk.

Thompson is a black belt in Kempo Karate. No TKD and no kickboxing. When you see a guy jumping on his toes back and forth, think point Karate. Venon Page and Wonderboy are the poster boys in MMA of this style. His dad owned a gym and the dude started training before he could even walk.
God I'm so confused. Where's this dudes blackbelt coming from? This it's me because it took me 10 years to get a purple belt in BJJ. I can't find anything regarding his background other than him being an MMA fighter. Why slap a fake belt on these people? Just devalues your entire brand. Any jackass coming off the street gets a blackbelt now? I know it's stupid to focus on this, but I mean that shit is supposed to mean something.

lol at no kickboxing
  • (*) Correction on Thompson's overall fight record
    • Thompson retired as an amateur fighter in May of 2004 with a record of *37 wins and 0 losses with 18 KO/TKO's.
    • As a Pro Kickboxer Thompson was *20-0 with 10 Knockouts
    • As a Pro MMA Fighter, after his recent win this past weekend at UFC 143, he is now 6-0.
    • Overall, Thompson has gone *63-0 with 30 of his wins coming by Knockout.
      • (*) 4 bouts were missing from Thompson's Amateur Kickboxing record from the WAKO World Championships which Thompson won in 2005.
      • (*) 2 bouts were missing from Thompson's Pro Kickboxing record from the now defunct World Combat League.

from: https://www.ikfkickboxing.com/StephenThompsonPROMMA.htm

God I'm so confused. Where's this dudes blackbelt coming from? This it's me because it took me 10 years to get a purple belt in BJJ. I can't find anything regarding his background other than him being an MMA fighter. Why slap a fake belt on these people? Just devalues your entire brand. Any jackass coming off the street gets a blackbelt now? I know it's stupid to focus on this, but I mean that shit is supposed to mean something.
pasted from google search "Stephen Thompson blackbelt?"
Team Upstate Karate Pitch Black MMA Serra-Longo Fight Team
Trainer Ray Thompson Carlos Machado
Rank 5th degree black belt in Tetsushin-ryū Kempo 1st degree black belt in Jujutsu Black belt in American Kickboxing Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos Machado

lol at no kickboxing
    • Thompson retired as an amateur fighter in May of 2004 with a record of *37 wins and 0 losses with 18 KO/TKO's.
    • As a Pro MMA Fighter, after his recent win this past weekend at UFC 143, he is now 6-0.
      • (*) 4 bouts were missing from Thompson's Amateur Kickboxing record from the WAKO World Championships which Thompson won in 2005.
      • (*) 2 bouts were missing from Thompson's Pro Kickboxing record from the now defunct World Combat League.

Rank 5th degree black belt in Tetsushin-ryū Kempo 1st degree black belt in Jujutsu Black belt in American Kickboxing Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos Machado
Damn dude you are on point! Thank you for the info!

Also I was talking about Alvey

Damn dude you are on point! Thank you for the info!

Also I was talking about Alvey

what do you mean by this
Any jackass coming off the street gets a blackbelt now? I know it's stupid to focus on this, but I mean that shit is supposed to mean something.

are you under the impression that if they win a fight they are given a black belt at the end of the fight? because i have no idea where you get this notion that he has to be a black belt in order to compete in karate combat.

what do you mean by this
Any jackass coming off the street gets a blackbelt now? I know it's stupid to focus on this, but I mean that shit is supposed to mean something.

are you under the impression that if they win a fight they are given a black belt at the end of the fight? because i have no idea where you get this notion that he has to be a black belt in order to compete in karate combat.
Alvey has no kickboxing/TKD/Karate experience, yet he's being decked with a black belt. He has a blackbelt around his waist. For what?

lol at no kickboxing

Of course he competed in Kickboxing. But his style is Kempo Karate, all the way. When you think about a Kickboxing stylist, think Don Wilson, Rick Roufus. Those guys had other backgrounds as well, Karate, TaeKwonDo, but over time their styles became what we would call "classic" Kickboxing. Wonderboy is as pure a Kempo Karate point fighter as it gets, it's really amazing how well he adapted his style and made it work in MMA and Kickboxing.

Alvey has no kickboxing/TKD/Karate experience, yet he's being decked with a black belt. He has a blackbelt around his waist. For what?
I didn't know what you were looking at I wasn't paying that much attention to the pants they wear I was just happy to see boy KO some fool. I guess the belt is just part of the look I don't think it's an actual belt that was awarded to him but i dunno I can see why it would be confusing my apologies.

Back