Sam Alvey

The UFC Brander Collector

Pimp Andrew
@Brown
Reaction score
We like to joke about it but lets be real, how can someone lose 7 in a row and 4 of those by finish and still be signed?
It usually takes 2 or 3 to be snuffed.
It is not like he has some crazy entertaining fighting style nor a big following.
It can't be the pretentious smile that does the charm.

Alvey.jpg

I don't understand how this guy hasn't been cut yet, when other (much younger and with more potential) fighters will go on a 3 fight losing streak and get cut.

bill-nye.gif

Because life isn't a meritocracy and likeability is enormously valuable in a workplace setting.
Anyone with any degree of professional experience has seen strong talents get cut because they're not likeable and weak talents with high likeability be kept around.

Last edited:
It has a lot to do with the fact he's got a gimmick, and constantly spams interviews and social media with what a noble and just organisation UFC is, and how Dana is a prince amongst men.

In other words he's a stooge.

We like to joke about it but lets be real, how can someone lose 7 in a row and 4 of those by finish and still be signed?
It usually takes 2 or 3 to be snuffed.
It is not like he has some crazy entertaining fighting style nor a big following.
It can't be the pretentious smile that does the charm.

Alvey.jpg

i was thinking due to his connections with team quest and just being a fan favorite and good guy the ufc was giving him an opportunity to earn enough to retire. extra chances and exrtra pay checks. but then i found out he has 6 kids. his losing streak is sad. hopefully he does well in retirement.

To be honest I like alvey and I don’t mind seeing him keeping his job.<GinJuice>

I second this. Dude probably because he never says no to a fight, fights in multiple weight classes, short notice losses, talks great about UFC publicly andnis generally a pretty good guy/family man. They need to balance out all the assholes and criminals.

Give him time im sure hell get a win in his next couple fights

It's becoming quite funny actually.
Makes me kind of want to see him keep losing and hope he stays around ao that I can see all the outrage and tears.

Back