Media Sean O’Malley warns Marlon Vera to behave: "You need to settle down or I'll pick Henry Cejudo"

Sandhagen is injured, right?
That's a fair point. With Sandhagen having surgery, it looks like he'll be out at least 6 months. And it seems like O'Malley wants a quick turnaround, so Sandhagen wouldn't be available.

That being said, the point still stands. Merab should be next, with Sandhagen fighting the winner. The fact that O'Malley is talking about Chito and Henry is the kind of nonsense we don't need from champions.

Especially one that just won his title 48 hours ago.

That's a fair point. With Sandhagen having surgery, it looks like he'll be out at least 6 months. And it seems like O'Malley wants a quick turnaround, so Sandhagen wouldn't be available.

That being said, the point still stands. Merab should be next, with Sandhagen fighting the winner. The fact that O'Malley is talking about Chito and Henry is the kind of nonsense we don't need from champions.

Why does O’Malley continue to say he didn’t lose to Chito? Am I missing something? It’s like Trump talking about his election loss.

I generally like O’Malley. He’s way smarter and more talented than he looks. There are lots of tough fights for him - hope he doesn’t start talking like an idiot now that he has the belt.

This is why I say champions are fucking divas. The champion should have no choice on who the fight. Champions should never get to pick ANY fight. Naturally every single champion will pick someone they know they can beat over someone they think they will have trouble with. The name of the game is to be champ as long as you can and make as much as you can. So now O'Malley has been champion for a minute and thinks he dictates who is worthy for a shot. I am so sick of these prima donnas.

Yeah, true if rankings actually mattered to uncle Dana. But uncle Dana loves money so it'll probably be Chito > Henry > Merab/Sandhagen will probably have an elimination bout with each other and get scuffed like Dariush

It might.... but probably chito will happen first,and who knows what will be viable by then. UFC dont want him to have the belt over Sean tho thats for sure. They dont want no one in that div to have it other than him tho,but he gotta fight someone lol

Aljo might also just move up.

Reactions: HHJ
What a 'sport' where wanting to see the best fight the best is out of the question or too much to ask..
Its not out of the question,or too much to ask.

They just gonna do this first,because its easier to sell to the buying public.

Cejudo interest is at an all time low

The masses never cared about Merab in the first place

And most people are glad Aljo is out of the picture

If Sugar beats Chito, a Yan rematch will be more interesting than any of these other options because 5 rounds of that is guaranteed excitement and high level striking warfare.

imago1030144032h-scaled.jpg
Fuck the belt. Battle for the jacket!

O'Malley ducking Dvalishvili, confirmed
I fully expect Sean to defend his belt against Chito in December, then sit out until International Fight week (6 month minimum) while the top 10 sort themselves out. IMO guys like Sandhagen, Merab, and Umar Nurmagomedov realistically should probably be champion given the chance, but I don’t see Sean fighting any of them. Sean shut down an Aljo rematch when O’Malley sat on the sidelines for a year protecting his shot. With the money the champs make now we might just see Sean defend once or twice against handpicked opponents and sail off into the sunset

He is just trolling and you seem to be falling for it.

Trying to cherry pick opponents. Disregarding legitimate losses. Fouling a fighter to the point he can't continue but calling it a win. Yes, he's trolling to some degree. No, I'm not falling for it. I'm just calling it like it is.

What a 'sport' where wanting to see the best fight the best is out of the question or too much to ask..

While I don't disagree, that's the main reason Sean's even champ. IMHO he didn't deserve to fight for the belt, but he absolutely delivered. And as long as he doesn't try to pull some Conor bullshit and ask to fight someone like Dennis Siver I'm good as long as he's fighting quality opponents.

Sherdoggers had assured me over the past 2 years that O'Malley was basically a scrub who'd never be much of anything in MMA, so I still don't know exactly how to process him being the champ.

Sandhagen aint gettin shit off that performance. Merab,they are gonna wait to see what Aljo does,he gonna pay for simping for Aljo this whole time.

Why should he mention fights that are not offered to him?? Fights UFC arent interested in putting on??

Should he tell the UFC to do those?? lmao
This is true. The UFC understood long ago that making undeserving matchups only angers the die hards. What the average viewer wants is violent entertainment and strikers are much better at this than wrestlers. Even if Chito wins, He’s a fun striker (when he starts throwing seriously in round 2) and there will be the instant rematch.
While I agree Merab is the most deserving, he was fine not going for the belt for so long, a few months more shouldn’t bother him.

Reactions: HHJ
Back