Seconds Altering Course of Career

I never got over the referee standup at the end of Koscheck vs Fickett.

Then again, I guess Gonzaga never kicks Crocop in the head without that referee standup.

Tim Kennedy was fucking Yoel Romero up at the end of round 2 of their fight (albeit after an illegal glove grab, seemingly). Yoel then got a 90 second or so break in between rounds and won the fight in round 3. Kennedy retired shortly thereafter and Yoel is still fighting and has had multiple title shots.
Yoel should have been disqualified or at the least been waved off for a tko. It's mindboggling how that went past the officials

If we are speaking about being saved by the bell, Bisping would have not been the Champ if the round hadn't stopped just after Anderson Silva flying-kneed him
tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Yoel should have been disqualified or at the least been waved off for a tko. It's mindboggling how that went past the officials

It was actually pretty ingenious cheating by his corner - they dumped so much water on him that it made a puddle, so they had to bring in guys to wipe it up. And because it was his corner that did it instead of him it would seem insane to DQ a fighter because their corner spilled water ya know?

Anyways Kennedy cheated in the round prior by holding his glove to almost finish him and is a huge POS, so don't really mind how that turned out in the end - trust me when I say it's much better we got to see Yoel fight for another 10 years instead of Kennedy.

Ankalaev would still be undefeated had he waited for the final bell to ring instead of tapping to the triangle that Craig had him in

Also Shevchenko probably would still be champion had she not gone for that spinning back kick

Last edited:
Usman

Was comfortably up vs Leon and on his way to a win. Get's KO'd, then loses rematch and takes a fight at MW losing as well.

If we beat Leon, he would be continuing his title reign.

It was actually pretty ingenious cheating by his corner - they dumped so much water on him that it made a puddle, so they had to bring in guys to wipe it up. And because it was his corner that did it instead of him it would seem insane to DQ a fighter because their corner spilled water ya know?

Anyways Kennedy cheated in the round prior by holding his glove to almost finish him and is a huge POS, so don't really mind how that turned out in the end - trust me when I say it's much better we got to see Yoel fight for another 10 years instead of Kennedy.

Yoel even tried to apologize afterwards.

Idk if it qualifies but bj was fucking Hughes up in their second fight until he popped his rib out

View attachment 1032201

Yup dropping to his knees = "wasn't even hurt".

We will never know if Ferguson could have changed the fight had it happened earlier, but Gaethje was definitely hurt by it.
When you watch that gif, it makes MMA boxing look like something you see people do when they don't know how to throw a punch using an exaggerated wind up.

View attachment 1032201

Yup dropping to his knees = "wasn't even hurt".

We will never know if Ferguson could have changed the fight had it happened earlier, but Gaethje was definitely hurt by it.
Dude easily gets up and isn't even stanked legged from it. Definitely a good strike, but not close to being finished like you Rogain'tards think. If Joe Rogaine never pushed this false narrative, you parrots wouldn't be making this take.

When you watch that gif, it makes MMA boxing look like something you see people do when they don't know how to throw a punch using an exaggerated wind up.

That windup thing is actually a boxing thing though. Sugar Ray Leonard and Roy Jones Jr. loved to throw the windup uppercut. It just happened to backfire on Gaethje here.

Last edited:
Zombie and Yair has to be up there
That was a shocking and amazing finish to a fight but did it change either fighter's career much? I don't think so. Both guys continued with both wins and losses after that bout.

Back