Sergei Kharitonov signs with Bellator

If they make more signings like this and less DaDa5000 shit I'll start to really like Bellator again

volkov vs sergei would have been an awesome first match

its a shame they let Volkov go. but who knows maybe he will come back when there is enough noteworthy competition in the HW division. same with Ivanov.

War Sergei, I love it. Hopefully he starts to work on his grappling again. Seems like he`s been neglecting it for the past 5 years or so

As much as I love the guy I got to imagine he's getting towards the end of his career. Hopefully he can still throw down like he did in Pride. That fight against Ninja was just brutal with those body shots.

Sergei is 35 years old

Werdum is 38
Overeem is 35
Rothwell is 34
Barnett is 38
Arlovski is 36
Hunt is 41
Nelson is 39
Mir is 36
Cormier is 36
Mitrione is 37
Bigfoot is 36
Stipe is 33
Browne is 33
Gonzaga is 36
JDS is 32
Cain is 33

All the HW's are getting towards the end of their careers.

If they make more signings like this and less DaDa5000 shit I'll start to really like Bellator again
the sad part is that Dada5000 brings in the casual viewer, Sergei does not.

I would've rather seen him sign with the UFC.

the sad part is that Dada5000 brings in the casual viewer, Sergei does not.

Yeah, Bellator knows they have to have some freak show fights to bring in the casual fans but they sill put on great fights for the real fans too.

If they get Mitrione and Overeem as well they could actually make a run at a decent HW division

Kharitonov
Mitrione
Overeem
Minakov
Kongo
T Johnson
Spartan
Lashley
Sakai

almost looks like Ferrozzo↑
Datsik might take the cake for scariest looking fighter ever
265728326.jpg

this is a face of remorse and rehabilitation

What did he do to get into prison?

And War Sergei! Hope they can get him a fight with Fedora now.

Ha, it finally happened... Kharitonov is signed to a major MMA promotion once more. Bellator huh? There's Kongo and Lashley in addition to the champ. An Overeem rubber match, if Bellator should manage to snag him too. And hell, throw in Kimbo for a spectacle.

Sergei is my favorite. He was my number one guy i wanted in the UFC. Bummed it's not happening but this is cool. Glad we'll see him on tv. Hope he takes it seriously.

Yeah, Bellator knows they have to have some freak show fights to bring in the casual fans but they sill put on great fights for the real fans too.
i agree, and thats the reason why i am happy with this signing. Bellator can Provide Sergei with some verry decent matchups.

i agree, and thats the reason why i am happy with this signing. Bellator can Provide Sergei with some verry decent matchups.

For sure, honestly I don't think the UFC's HWs are that much better than the ones outside the UFC, they haven't been scouting outside talent well so I think some of that talent that isn't in the UFC might be just as good they just haven't proven themselves to be yet.

He hasn't looked like the same guy of late but maybe this will motivate him to step it up. Would have been nice to see him in the UFC so he could have some fun match ups.

When you got guys like Kongo, Johnson, at the top of your Heavyweight division it makes for some boring times. Hopefully they keep Sergei away from them.

Trying to not get too excited about this.

Am excited :D

ufc would be better, but still good news

This is a great signing. Bellator is making moves.

Theres a difference between TV draw and PPV draw, Kimbo will give you good TV numbers but I don't think he'll get people to put the cash down.

Back