Shavkat believes he can beat Islam, Leon, Khamzat, Tyson Fury, Mike Tyson

Shavkat is a national champion in Sambo, I find it unlikely that Khazmat is a better grappler.
Khamzat's offensive wrestling is fucking beastly They both have good submissions. I would love to see what the grappling would be like.

MMA fighters are like "under mma rules I could beat you"
Mike Tyson is like "under no rules, I will beat you and you won't have any ears left"

In MMA, I would favour Shav over all those guys except possibly Khamzat & Leon. I see Leon as 50/50. Khamzat isn't ever going back to WW so its moot, would've liked to see it. Shav would beat Fury & Tyson in MMA, despite the size difference. Shav is probably close to 200 lbs inside the cage, while still being in great shape, & has a huge grappling edge over Fury

Khamzat vs Shavkat is still the most exciting potential fight UFC can make. As for who wins, I guess it could go either way but I tend to favor Khamzat.
Shavkat is a legit WW while Khamzat is a legit MW.

They will likely never fight in the next future

I mean...

Taking down a 6 foot 9 guy is alot easier than taking down a normal sized guy. Easier to get past the underhooks and get the body lock.
Yes you have to take down the leg, and the rest of the body should follow

Reactions: HHJ
Shavkat is a legit WW while Khamzat is a legit MW.

They will likely never fight in the next future

Khamzat is a legit MW? He's the most obvious tweener.

Dude fought at 170 one week after fighting at 185 when he first got into the UFC.

Honestly Rakkmonov and Khamzat are probably very similar in size it's just that Khamzat seems to be garbage at cutting weight or his body just doesn't tolerate it.

I mean...

Taking down a 6 foot 9 guy is alot easier than taking down a normal sized guy. Easier to get past the underhooks and get the body lock.

Its also easier to buy that big sonofabitch a burger and take him down while he's eating it lol.

Dude fought at 170 one week after fighting at 185 when he first got into the UFC.

Honestly Rakkmonov and Khamzat are probably very similar in size it's just that Khamzat seems to be garbage at cutting weight or his body just doesn't tolerate it.
And Shavkat is a big WW anyway.

It was years ago and before he got Covid.

The last fight at WW he failed the weigh in by 10 pounds lol.

It was years ago and before he got Covid.

The last fight at WW he failed the weigh in by 10 pounds lol.

So because he got covid and now can't cut the weight he is a legit MW? Nah.

And he didn't miss weight by 10lbs. What people fail to recognize (because of their hatred for Khamzat) is that he in fact cut down more and then was told to refuel before even weighing in so he was going to be closer to Hollands weight.

This was another situation where a fighter is being asked; he didn't go bragging on his own that he could beat these guys. You can see him pause and think about some of them; his answers may not all be necessarily true, but they aren't the most unrealistic that I have heard.

I would like to see him against Leon; pretty good matchup.

Back