Shavkat's finishing ability

Can't believe people were shitting on him his last fight for "playing it safe" while he subbed someone who's never been subbed before and kept his 100% finish rate. Hopefully he gets the TS this year.
Seriously.. we live in the TikTok generation where if it’s not done in 10 seconds, it’s boring. Some fighters can’t finish a fight for multiple fights in a row.. this guy hasn’t not finished a fight in his pro career of 18 fights…and like you mentioned, subbing top fighters who have never been submitted.

he has the finish streak because he keeps getting matched up with bums. In the top 15 he fought Magny (washed up old), Neal (post staph), Wonderboy (washed up old)

His wrestling got exposed in his last two fights.

imagine if he fought a guy that could wreslte. he would look like a complete bum against a guy like Sean Brady. fight would look like Brady vs Gastelum

I wonder how far he could take that finishing streak.

I wonder what is the record for consecutive finishes?

Can't wait to see his next matchup.

That av is sick BTW @HHJ
These obviously aren't all comparable given the differences in competition levels, but here it is:

1) Shavrot- 16, 4 UFC
2) Ronda- 12, 6 in UFC
3) Jiri- 12, 3 UFC
4) Francis- 10, 6 UFC
5) Anderson- 9, 8 in UFC
6) Fedor- 8, 0 in UFC
7) Chuck- 7, 7 UFC
8) Chuck Olives- 7, 7 UFC

You have to beat the best to be the best.

Seriously.. we live in the TikTok generation where if it’s not done in 10 seconds, it’s boring. Some fighters can’t finish a fight for multiple fights in a row.. this guy hasn’t not finished a fight in his pro career of 18 fights…and like you mentioned, subbing top fighters who have never been submitted.
Not to mention his previous fight with Neal was a war. I don't blame the guy for fighting intelligently and wanting to get hit to the head less after that fight.

Not to mention his previous fight with Neal was a war. I don't blame the guy for fighting intelligently and wanting to get hit to the head less after that fight.
Well it wasnt just that. You cant let Wonderboy fight at his range. He's even more dangerous than Neal there. Putting him up against the cage and going for TD's even if you dont get em,all that completley nullifies Wonderboy's game. It's just smart for anyone fighting him to do.

Fights needs to happen at 185. And soon! One of the best on-paper fights you could make in MMA right now. They better get these guys in the cage at some point or I’ma be pissed!

Its one of the most thrilling things to witness in the sport. When time was ticking in his fight with Geoff Neal,he knew he couldnt let his fans down,and wrap that shit up with less than a minute left. Him being undefeated in 18 fights is great enough,but seeing him always put dudes away is fantastic. If he and Khamzat fight when Khamzat hasnt lost yet,that is going to be amazing.

I think Shavkat has way more tools than Khamzat, and he seems to stay in the moment no matter what is happening.

Khamzat is a killer, but Shavkat kills, and there's a big difference between the 2.

I like Khamzat but Shavkat has shown the killer instinct that only comes once in a great while.

WAR SHAVKAT.

Can't believe people were shitting on him his last fight for "playing it safe" while he subbed someone who's never been subbed before and kept his 100% finish rate. Hopefully he gets the TS this year.

And did it with a torn ligament in his foot sir.

he has the finish streak because he keeps getting matched up with bums. In the top 15 he fought Magny (washed up old), Neal (post staph), Wonderboy (washed up old)

imagine if he fought a guy that could wreslte. he would look like a complete bum against a guy like Sean Brady. fight would look like Brady vs Gastelum
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Reactions: HHJ

The hatred is strong. Seek help. Dont be jealous that he slung Lauro Sanko on his horse and romanticized her in the Steppes,where her amourous screams could be heard for miles around

I'm no MMA statistics expert, but I think 100% finish rate is pretty good.
It's a big reason for why I was such a Condit fan. At one point, he had 23 victories, 10 (T)KO's and 13 submissions. And the variance was incredible. Ya got TKO's from punches, knees, doctor stoppages, straight up KO's, from punches, head kicks, stomps, then you got your RNC's, kimuras, triangles, armbars, triangle armbars, arm triangles, and guillotines.

But he also had 4 losses at that point too, pretty much all around his grappling weakness, so it's incredible to see an NBK 2.0 who can chuck motherfuckers around.

Eagerly awaiting for the fans here to call him boring when he gets his first decision win.
DIAZ, 1, 2, 5!

This is like Prime Wand/Prime Tony run. Once that chin cracked, it's all downhill from there. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I like Shavkat. I think he is going to have issues fighting elite wrestlers though. His wrestling isn't all that. He is willing to work off his back too so I can see him lose a decision.

Well it wasnt just that. You cant let Wonderboy fight at his range. He's even more dangerous than Neal there. Putting him up against the cage and going for TD's even if you dont get em,all that completley nullifies Wonderboy's game. It's just smart for anyone fighting him to do.
So true. He could've tried to "prove a point" .... and likely ended up like Luque, Neal and Holland who all wanted to prove a point. It's just a stupid thing to attempt. He realized it's MMA and approached WB the right way. Smart guy.

Reactions: HHJ
Its one of the most thrilling things to witness in the sport. When time was ticking in his fight with Geoff Neal,he knew he couldnt let his fans down,and wrap that shit up with less than a minute left. Him being undefeated in 18 fights is great enough,but seeing him always put dudes away is fantastic. If he and Khamzat fight when Khamzat hasnt lost yet,that is going to be amazing.
Thought this was a thread about him and Sanko. Leaving disappointed.

Funny cause I heard Brady say on MK that Shavkat would be the scariest MF to fight right now.

Back