SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 250 movie!

Let's pick the Week 250 movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just talking to someone about The Keep recently. Kinda weird how it pops up like that 2 weeks later.

So I guess The Keep.

The SMC is very much like a surveillance state. You say something in confidence between two people and then suddenly it pops up again in 2 weeks to be used against you.

@Bullitt68 on SMC's voting.

tumblr_n8ufz3WTmI1rj618jo1_500.gif

Let's just say I'll be checking the discussion thread to see how many people I need to tell:

giphy.webp

Literally every Michael Mann film except Ali is great. And even Ali isn't without merit. But The Keep?

tenor.gif

Hey, @Zer: Did you ever see The Jericho Mile? Last year, I taught a class called "Authorship in Hollywood Cinema" in which I devoted each week to the study of a different director. To prep for the Michael Mann week, not only did I watch The Keep for the first (and what will remain for as long as I live the only) time, I watched The Jericho Mile for the first time. Now that is a legit hidden gem. Aside from the cringe of Brian Dennehy talking jive, it's amazing to see in Mann's very first protagonist literally all of the quintessential elements of a Mann hero. Plus, it's a damn good (albeit unconventional) sports movie with one of the best endings in Mann's entire filmography. Highly recommended for all Mann fans.

I haven't seen the Jericho Mile (I haven't seen The Keep either) but I love Mann and Dennehy and from the concept it sounds like Mann directing a Rob Schneider movie or something. Will take a look, I have a bit of catching up to do with Mann (Miami Vice too)

Back