Shevchenko's Stock has PLUMMETED

Grasso is just a horrible matchup for Valentina, age is not a factor, she was quick and agile. Why i it always AGE to be blamed for a fighters loss?

Let's break this down with nothing but factual statements:

1. She was once revered as one of the best strikers in the world, with a plethora of lethal techniques and timing and power unequivocal to 99% of the roster.
This same incredible striker was shooting for her fucking life, and did not have a real solution to Grasso's southpaw boxing tactic. The great striker has ZERO confidence in her striking now? Hm... I don't know many all time great strikers who NEED wrestling to have a chance in fights. Just saying..

2. She's now not even looking to inflict real damage or finish the fight but would much rather gather as many points as possible until time runs out... Lay n pray ? Touching the ground to avoid getting kneed? Smh

3. She's now also on a world tour, crying and blaming everyone and everything possible for her L.
Excuses pouring non stop. Her finger was broken too apparently (LOL) so it just is the world working against her that she lost.

Grasso really ruined her confidence...
View attachment 1002367

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Fighters
God Bless Mexican Boxing

Tldr: Shevchenko was never that good.
Clearly, you are nutz. Or at the least you have a super crush on Grasso. You broke it down w nothing but opinion. She is still revered as a striker. She was not shooting for her life. She was shooting because its MMA and the rules say try anything to win. Just sayin.

that's three losses in a row for Val.. add in father time and that's four!

Homie some people are Valentina fans try not to hurt our feelings. Her prime expired the last 3 fights. She is still a top 3 in her division but not for long. Now the losses will start comming. 36 is quiet old for 125 / 135 pounds.

And cut her some slack on being a bad loser. She focused her life, most of it on the sport, and always was winning. She has to adapt to fights now getting closer or losing them. It's def a flaw. But we can't expect these fighters to be perfect all the way around. It's not like she's disrespectful.

Yknow man I'm the biggest Grasso fan. I'm elated she kept gold. Has had more definitive results in both fights

I don't relish Val's fall or even so much believe it. Alexa is game and scrappy as hell, she found a way to keep the belt after two fights

Valentina looked great out there though. Yeah she fucked up a bit in the 2nd and end of 5th but for the most part she looked very competent out there. For as controversial the fight was it was actually a very good and Close fight. I'd rather not shit on either of them

It is unfortunate for Val though because she should definitely win one or two more before fighting for gold.....

Yeah seems to be one of those rare occasions where the outcome of the fight was okay- ultra close fight so a split draw, a narrow win for Alexa (3-2), a narrow win for Shev (3-2) with round 4 being extremely close all seem viable. But you have to sympathize with Valentina because, whatever you thought about the fourth and who it should have went to, the judge scored it for Valentina. Once he made that decision, Valentina wins the fight if he scores round 5 correctly but he didn’t so she didn’t.

Tough break. I personally had it for grasso round 2, 4, 5 but two of the opinions that counted didn’t and Valentina therefore was poised to win it, barring a botched round 5 scorecard.

Both fought with a ton of heart in my opinion. You could really see two fighters who were not going to concede that fight and were doing whatever they could to win it. Both were in terrible spots at one point and less skilled fighters would have been put away.

impressed with both.

I guess that Valentina womens goat talk has calmed down. Some of the Val lovers were claiming she's over Nunes.

Nunes won her title back and then beat up on the next top contender. Val didn't win her title back and now is riding the wambulance.

Thems are opinions and that be a fact.

You're clueless. Shevchenko has shot for takedowns in every single one of her UFC fights besides Nunes 2. Most of her finishes are either submissions or ground and pound finishes (the only exception I recall is the Eye KO). I don't know where you got this idea that Shevchenko only stands up and never wrestles, but it's just false.

You're also mislabeling Grasso's grappling defense as Shevchenko doing "lay and pray." Shevchenko was going for the finish and had a very deep submission at one point. Grasso just fought back and survived, that's all.
100% agreed and I expected this to be the first response.

She needs to move up, she was dominant at 125, it was fun, now move up rule that div for a while and retire.

1. She was once revered as one of the best strikers in the world, with a plethora of lethal techniques and timing and power unequivocal to 99% of the roster.
This same incredible striker was shooting for her fucking life, and did not have a real solution to Grasso's southpaw boxing tactic. The great striker has ZERO confidence in her striking now? Hm... I don't know many all time great strikers who NEED wrestling to have a chance in fights. Just saying..

2. She's now not even looking to inflict real damage or finish the fight but would much rather gather as many points as possible until time runs out... Lay n pray ? Touching the ground to avoid getting kneed? Smh

3. She's now also on a world tour, crying and blaming everyone and everything possible for her L.
Excuses pouring non stop. Her finger was broken too apparently (LOL) so it just is the world working against her that she lost.

View attachment 1002367

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Boxing

She never had power, you listen to the UFC's narrative too much.

View attachment 1002367

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Boxing

The Great Commandment

View attachment 1002367

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Boxing

Amen

c4d2c0cf-81f2-4ca7-a31c-1b9a001c6a3c_text.gif

Back