Shoop SHOOP Dat BIGWAVERIDER R.I.P. Brother

eiB8lbs.png
GivingScaredHornbill-size_restricted.gif

@Arqueto Same here, the music and movie are so good. If you like that 'Eugenes Trick Bag' section, then you might like the following piece of music by Yngwie Malmsteen (another tune I can play on guitar)...

@Myrddin Wild I love that piece of music you're talking about. The riff at the following timestamp has such a good groove to it...

The closing sequence (although slightly modified) in that section you're talking about was used in Steve Vai's song called 'The Riddle', timestamped here...

I never thought I would come across people on Sherdog who know about Steve Vai and Crossroads.

Man, you rock, playing guitar on that level must be awesome!
The dreamy Icarus suite is my favourite Yngwie's piece. How about the absolute masterpiece of melodic shredding - Altitudes by the one and only Jason Becker? It literally brings tears to my eyes.

Man, you rock, playing guitar on that level must be awesome!
The dreamy Icarus suite is my favourite Yngwie's piece. How about the absolute masterpiece of melodic shredding - Altitudes by the one and only Jason Becker? It literally brings tears to my eyes.

Yeah mate, Icarus Dream Suite is one of my favourite pieces of music of all time - I really like the different phases/sections it goes through. Far Beyond the Sun is another absolute classic.

That Jason Becker song 'Altitudes' is friggen awesome - there's some masterful arpeggio execution in there. It sounds like some of it is sweep picked, and some of it is tapping. Yngwie did a song with the same type of feel, although with a completely different approach, called 'Crying'. You likely know it already, but here it is if you don't. It's the very first Ynqwie song I learned to play. My favourite part is right at the 4 minute mark - so much feel and depth to that section...

I had that album (Trilogy) on vinyl. I literally had to buy a vinyl record player just to be able to play it.
Trilogy suite Op.5 is another classic - as soon as I heard it I knew I had to learn how to play it. It's the song which made me buy the Trilogy music notation sheet music book, but took me a lot longer to learn that the song 'Crying'.

My friends used to try to give me shit for playing Malmsteen and Vai, and not Jimi Hendrix or BB King. Roll forward 25 years and they no longer listen to Hendrix and BB King, but I still listen to Vai and Malmsteen. So Vai and Malmsteen have stood the test of time for me.

Another Sweet abstract bro~ How did you do those bevelz in teh skin, at teh splicez? They look fantastic!!!
Just a lot of cutting and fixing, I also used two of the same templates. I wasn't too pleased with the resolution of Mike's face, that probably has a lot to do with the ghetto program I use...

Back