Shoop Shoop that Papa Mir (Bigwaverider's Dad) R.I.P.

I really did want to thank everyone individually but as of right now there are 115 unique posters. Of course I have a lot going on, my mind is jumbled, and that would be a daunting task for me to do right now. I'm trying my best to show my appreciation to each and ever one of you, so I am @ tagging everyone that posted in the spoiler.

As some/most of you know, my dad has been ill for some time. He had been unable to go out of the house since March of last year due to Covid lockdown. That was when things got bad. He was no longer going out which he had done 4 times a week. He went to church on Sunday, Bible study, went to lunch with me every Wednesday, and lunch one day with my sister. He got weaker and weaker as 2020 went along. Finally he was hospitalized mid December. He was released Xmas Eve and from my opinion things looked like there was a chance he could get better.

Then on the 27th or 28th he relapsed and was hospitalized again. They discovered he had Covid. He was ill for some time with it but miraculously he kicked Covid's ass! After Covid, he was sent to the hospital's rehab around the 14th of January. I had hopes at that time that they could build him back up again. However he deteriorated. In the last few weeks he couldn't walk and needed lifts to get him out of bed, into and out of the elevator. We were allowed to visit him by appointment, and only outside for 45 minutes.

Finally he got so bad that they said there was nothing that could do. They sent him home, with hospice nurses, a hospital bed, and within 36 hours he passed away with all of us around.

I so appreciate this thread, all of you, and the love you have given. You all are the best. Thank you.

edit: I forgot to say that he is having a Military Funeral in a Military Cemetery with full honors. He is having a gun salute, but IDK how many guns. I believe I have mentioned that he is a retireb Full Bird Colonel.

Thanks for sharing more details with us. Means a lot. And thanks for the tag. You rock bro. Wish you all the best and hope you're doing better and better. ;)

I'm very sorry for your loss BigWave...
May your father rest in peace brother.

@bigwaverider

Just saw the news.

I can't shoop worth a shit but wanted to offer my condolences just the same. I'm sorry bout your old man dude.

See you on the other side BIG POPA.

RIP.

VCD-big-BWR.gif

Now I'm going to have to blast that song!!! For those that don't know Zach tears up an easy riff and obviously Ozzi is it self. Heavy and beautiful. Probably floods afterwards for Dime.

I'm not talented in the slightest when it comes to shooping, but @bigwaverider , let me hereby express my condolences. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Least I can do for the laughs you've provided me with over the years with that shoop skill level

giphy.gif

Rest in peace, Papa BWR.

Back