Shoop Shoops without a home - post miscellaneous Shoops here

guys ive not been on here in a long time, i need some advice i have no idea what im doing! what has to be done to be able to start a thread? and what the filesize limit. most of my stuff is to big to post

It's like 1.2mb I think for hosting on sherdog. You can use a 3rd party hosting site and post much larger such as www.imgur.com or https://imgbb.com/. Once you upload, just copy/paste your image into your post. Easy stuff. I routinely post 1-4 mb gifs. Occasionally higher. Of course I sometimes do "epic gifs" that can be pretty darn big like 10 times that size, but that is only a few times a year.

Believe it or not the forum is a little bit more now uptight than in the past as far as file size of gifs. Cell phone people whine about bandwidth and sometimes complain. You need to have 150 posts before you can make a thread, but I would be careful about just spamming posts to reach that number.

If you need more help you can just quote one of my posts, PM me, or just @ tag me in a thread. If you dont know what that is just put an @ sign in front of a user's name, with no space, and they will get a notification. Here I will do yours - @metalbender00.

thanks for the info, im sure i will get used to the sight again in no time! im usually on twitter, but ive been wanting to find a meme community to learn from. i want to start making gifs. used to be active a decade ago, but i can barely remember that!

Not mine, but here's an old BJ Penn set from when he was tearing up LW -

bj-part4.gif

bj-part2.gif

bj-part3.gif
I member

thanks for the info, im sure i will get used to the sight again in no time! im usually on twitter, but ive been wanting to find a meme community to learn from. i want to start making gifs. used to be active a decade ago, but i can barely remember that!

Looking forward to seeing your stuff. A bit has changed since 10 yeas ago I am sure. Photoshop is still king for making images and gifs. I should say PS is "Prince" because if you want to go even higher then use After Effects, but be prepared for some pain as it it is very hard. There are a ton of other programs, but these are the ones I use. PS now has a "video timeline" which saves a ton of time as opposed to the old "frame animation" timeline. Make sure to have CS6 "Extended" or newer. Regular CS6 and below do not have the video timeline. Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a gif in PS.

i actually watched that vid earlier, unfortunately, i have an older dell aio and no option for a graphics card. after effects isnt an option right now. should be upgrading in a few weeks though but I'm going to start with simple gifs this weekend and get a hang of the timeline in photoshop! ill do my homework for sure. i hope the community here is fairly decent. i gave up on Reddit because of the toxicity

Looking forward to seeing your stuff. A bit has changed since 10 yeas ago I am sure. Photoshop is still king for making images and gifs. I should say PS is "Prince" because if you want to go even higher then use After Effects, but be prepared for some pain as it it is very hard. There are a ton of other programs, but these are the ones I use. PS now has a "video timeline" which saves a ton of time as opposed to the old "frame animation" timeline. Make sure to have CS6 "Extended" or newer. Regular CS6 and below do not have the video timeline. Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a gif in PS.

one question, is it possible to change my username on here?

i actually watched that vid earlier, unfortunately, i have an older dell aio and no option for a graphics card. after effects isnt an option right now. should be upgrading in a few weeks though but I'm going to start with simple gifs this weekend and get a hang of the timeline in photoshop! ill do my homework for sure. i hope the community here is fairly decent. i gave up on Reddit because of the toxicity

I wouldn't expect it to be all roses here either brah, but that depends more on you than them. Go looking for trouble and you will find it. Go looking for a good time and you will find that too!! Although the Shoop community is pretty tight and friendly. Most will help you out if you need. We have a kick ass scene for shooping and the threads are a blast. We are about having fun at any cost. Ask anyone. My PM box is an open door for that if u need help.

I would consider a decent CPU and at least 24, and hopefully 32GB RAM if you want to do both AE and PS at the same time. Each of those programs runs well on 12-16 but not both at the same time. I mean it may at times but not always. PS can eat up 8-12GB and the same for AE. Add in a web browser maybe taking up 4GB and you get the picture. Good thing is that RAM is dirt cheap as compared to a year ago. Prices are like half or less. Same with SSD's. Video cards have taken a STEEEEEEEP drop from let's say 1.5 years ago. It's a good time to buy a new system. CPU and RAM are what you need and a mid level video card by today's standards. I use a GTX 1060 6GB for example and its fine.

You have to have a Platinum Account to change yer name. Then your profile will look like this. See the yellow text?

name-change-png.627667

Attachments

• name-change.png
    name-change.png
    140 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
I wouldn't expect it to be all roses here either brah, but that depends more on you than them. Go looking for trouble and you will find it. Go looking for a good time and you will find that too!! Although the Shoop community is pretty right and friendly. Most will help you out if you need. We have a kick as scene for shooping and the threads are a blast. We are about having fun at any cost. Ask anyone. My PM box is an open door for that if u need help.

I would consider a decent CPU and at least 24, and hopefully 32GB RAM if you want to do both AE and PS at the same time. Each of those programs runs well on 12-16 but not both at the same time. I mean it may at times but not always. PS can eat up 8-12GB and the same for AE. Add in a web browser maybe taking up 4GB and you get the picture. Good thing is that RAM is dirt cheap as compared to a year ago. Prices are like or more. Same with SSD's. Video cards have taken a STEEEEEEEP drop from let's say 1.5 years ago. It's a good time to buy a new system. CPU and RAM are what you need and a mid level video card by today's standards. I use a GTX 1060 6GB for example and its fine.

You have to have a Platinum Account to change yer name. Then your profile will look like this. See the yellow text?

name-change-png.627667
gotcha brother you are the man! and im just looking for a chill time im def not into the drama one bit at all!

Back