Social Should Chicago be spending money on migrants or homeless citizens?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
Many people in the black community are not happy about migrants moving into the Lake Shore Hotel that happens to be in a predominantly poor, Black neighborhood. I assume there isn't enough money to do both or nobody would be unhappy.

Here's whats most interesting: The mayor is fully supportive and believes not only should these families be welcomed, but shown love and support, and fully serviced. But some black residents disagree: go to 1:33 in the video below to see how one woman feels about it.

Let's put it to the voters.

Where should Chicago put a billion dollars:

- migration center
- homeless center
- improvements to Soldier Field

Which would get the most votes?

I know some people in Chicago are annoyed about this but isn't this the kind of policy the voted for?
It's only a very, very small but vocal minority of residents who object. An overwhelming number of Chicagoans support the incoming migrants and welcome them with open arms and open doors. My only personal estimate of support for migrants would be in the area of 93%.

Well.... the immigrants will eventually work and contribute to the economy so, whereas the homeless have already demonstrated in inability to function, the immigrants at least have a chance.

Maybe tie future immigrant tax revenue with funding for the homeless.

Last edited:
whereas the homeless have already demonstrated in inability to function.
The thread is framed with the explicit intent of forcing users to determine which people are worthwhile victims and which are not. This is a false framing and purposively divisive. Both categories, homeless and migrants, deserve assistance and there is no reason they should not be helped immediately.

Depends on what you think is the better investment. I see homeless forming a descending wedge pattern on the 1day candle chart so I am long migrants right now.

The thread is framed with the explicit intent of forcing users to determine which people are worthwhile victims and which are not. This is a false framing and purposively divisive. Both categories, homeless and migrants, deserve assistance and there is no reason they should not be helped immediately.
100%.

Part of the “help” for the migrants should be getting them work permits ASAP

"The thread is framed with the explicit intent of forcing users to determine which people are worthwhile victims and which are not."

Actually it isn't...it's just your pea-brained, leftist mind making it seem that way. But in reality, America can't even deal with it's homeless problem. Yet you're suggesting we can give immediate assistance to all the homeless in America, and people and every poor person in Latin America who wants to come here.

Only an buffoon like you would believe that's true.

Back