Sia Makes Song About Autism Goes Full Retard

I am generally quite progressive in my views, and I am getting pretty damn sick of idiot cancel culture making me look bad.

Although I think your talking something much more specific in the obsession with only "representation" in cinema, basically that what matters is that we have someone from a minrotiy group involved with a production NOT the content of that production.

That to me seems like Hollywood/the media basically transplanting political tokenism into cinema, don't look for any substance in your cinema just look for representation of a social group within its production, the "Obama factor"

The very idea that you need an actor who is what they are trying to portray misses the whole fucking point of acting.

Its a technique to use real people, Scorsese using his mother as an Italian mother in a scene with Pacino and De Niro. You know the actors will pick up any slack and she'll add some authenticity. Its not something you need to mandate. That's like saying these people are like children that have to be looked after, they deserve as much respect as anyone else.

Sia used the actress because she's her muse at the moment and everything she does has to include her. Its her creative vision, people can take it or leave it imo.

I'm with you 100%. There was never a doubt in my mind that Maddie would wind up starring. Also, that her vision and execution of it are super off target, no matter how well intentioned.

I was just making an observation that there is just as much fake outrage permeating these responses as much as real ones. And in my opinion, they wind up drowning out the meaningful responses that could actually open a dialogue for the sake of appearing woke to the general public.

But still....poor form to shoe horn in her muse.

Back