Sign here if you don't care about fighter pay.

Only woke losers get up in another man’s business.

If you want violence, why wouldn’t you want them paid enough to train full time so as to be better at the violence? And also attract more athletic violent people?

Go to a Denny’s parking lot after midnight if you just want low skill violence

To be fair, the more high level the fight, the less violence there is.

Typical sherdog response?
I care but I’m going to stream anyway bro…

I care a lot.

Looks like Ciryl Gane is the latest fighter we don't get to watch due to opportunities elsewhere.

The free market and the fighters and their agents should work it out. What the fuck is a fan supposed to do?

Facts are

Soon as they make the big bucks they fight way less

Gotta keep them boys hungry

Keep the pay lean keep them keen

I don't care what someone else is getting paid. I only care about what it costs me to attend events and at the current rate of tickets being jacked up 5x the cost of before covid I will not be attending any more as UFC 297 was ridiculously overpriced compared to the previous event in Toronto.

who-cares-matty-matheson.gif

I just want Violence

<{JustBleed}>
Some western view of martial arts can be so different from how it is in some Asian countries

If you want violence, why wouldn’t you want them paid enough to train full time so as to be better at the violence? And also attract more athletic violent people?

Go to a Denny’s parking lot after midnight if you just want low skill violence

He didn't even say he wants to watch violence, just 'wants violence'. So... he should def go to the parking lot, and maybe step up a few times and see if that alters his opinion.

IMO the money dictates how fighters perform, look at the crazy ass spectacle that was Pride. Fighters got paid, but if they stalled they were penalized.

I think UFC is in a situation where they want to be seen as legit by the rest of the sports world by including rankings and whatnot. However, that can lead to a very sterile product (lay and pray). If fighters got paid a set amount (and some kind of medical care guaranteed), you would have a more compelling product.

I usually wish good things to people. I don't need every fighter to be filthy rich though. Enough money for every fighter to live a comfortable life, and to prepare their post-retirement reconversion seems fair.

I could care less what they get paid..I have said it before.. They are grown ass men and women who usually have managers. They are agreeing to a contract and are getting what the market will pay for their services. The have options.. They might not all be good options but they still have options. If I don't like my job or feel I am not getting what I am worth I can look for work elsewhere.

Everyone here acts like these fighters are children without any sense.

I care but barely. I mean the fighters don't even care, it would be silly for any fan to have more concern than the fighters themselves.

I care in the sense that guys shouldn’t be getting screwed but when I hear guys like Aldo complain they should be getting paid like Ronaldo, I roll my eyes.

Some of these guys should be lucky they have a career in fighting. An early prelims guy making 20 and 20 is probably more than what they would get with a normal job and if they fight 3 times, that potentially 120k.

So yeah, fighter pay should be fair but getting paid like NFL or elite soccer players is pretty absurd unless you are a MMA mega star.

Back