Skynet is here

We are getting closer. The robots soon will be police officers and AI will determine
whether you should be arrested or not.

Go to the 6 minute mark for Terminator skynet reference.

The horrific part for me is that in western countries the control of this technology is not in the hands of an elected government but highly suspectible tech companies.

Our governments are so weak that they arent capable of controlling these companies at all.

inb4 this gets moved to the war room, because this shit all started when folks let Toby Keith and gw bush strip them of their constitutional rights bc of “PATRIOTIC FREEDOM!”

Furthered by every administration since.. and can’t be undone by diplomacy or bureaucracy..

The horrific part for me is that in western countries the control of this technology is not in the hands of an elected government but highly suspectible tech companies.

Our governments are so weak that they arent capable of controlling these companies at all.

I don’t think this is accurate -the NSA has a strangle hold on these companies. Their partnership with AT&T which has been ongoing for quite some time now is just one example. They also have ‘partnerships’ with the likes of Google, Facebook and so on.

So government entities are still very much in control of all of this. Not that it’s any less concerning.

Let's be real, we haven't done a great job tbh. May as well let the robots give it a go

03f55ede70741f09855a87309384ca24.gif
Time stamped

We are getting closer. The robots soon will be police officers and AI will determine
whether you should be arrested or not.

Go to the 6 minute mark for Terminator skynet reference.

They do this in America too. China uses it as a deterrent and we are just more sneaky about it. China also uses those genetic tests to help police. Suppose say you commit a crime 30 years ago and got away with it; they can find you through a relative's sample.

I am pretty sure most American cities either ban the use of facial recognition in policing because it is "racist" or limit the use only for violent crime.

That’s because wealth distribution has become so skewed that the wealthy now have enough money to buy politicians, openly.
You know the saying “every man has his price.” That definitely includes politicians. Probably more so than other people. And now the tech millionaires and billionaires are so wealthy that they can easily reach the politicians’ price.

Top comment: "Terminator has taught me that if someone named Connor tries to warn you that AI will take over the world, you better listen."

"Machines have no conscience"
- Queensryche

Time stamped

This makes me want to get as far away from technology as possible. This isnt only a giant threat but will also lead to a dumbing down of humans much more as smartphones are doing right now and lead to mass unemployment.

horrible.

Back