Snatching defeat from the clutches of victory

The things I'd eat out of her ass, you have no idea.
Cute but looks like she probably has the ass and body of a preteen boy, but whatever tickles your fancy sherbro.

<Fedor23>

Anderson S
There have been some epic comebacks in mma, but I can’t think of a more miraculous one than Mirko vs Minotauro. This was for the interim HW title between at the time the two baddest men on earth not named Fedor Emelianenko.

Cro Cop was putting on a masterclass in striking and takedown defense, working on a shutout, pitching a perfect game, and nearly finishing the fight in the last seconds of the round before Nog was saved by the bell.

Then after a dozen desperate failed attempts Nog finally gets a takedown, and the rest is history. It was something out of a Rocky movie….

crocopbignog_45708.jpg

Mirkos face here tells the story, he knows he let it slip right through his fingers.
maxresdefault.jpg

I know the other obvious example is Anderson versus Chael, but in that fight you always had a feeling that Anderson could end it at any moment, and Chael was expected to lose, although very few thought it would happen by submission.

As one was watching Cro Cop versus Nogueira there was a feeling of hopelessness the entire fight, I was rooting for Mirko but I remember feeling sorry for Nog and just wanting it to be over… and then it was. Just an epic moment in mma’s short history.
Anderson Silva vs Chael 1

Personally, I wouldn't put Nog-Mirko in this category. This is just what Nog does. He found his opportunity and took full advantage of it. Also, nothing had happened in the second round up until Nog secured the takedown. It wasn't as if Mirko was killing him and then made a terrible mistake to lose. He did dominate the first round though and was a bit unlucky to land the high kick at the end of the round.

A recent one would be Soukhamthath vs O'Malley. I'm still not sure what Soukhamthath was thinking. Silva-Sonnen 1 is probably one of the more famous ones.

There have been some epic comebacks in mma, but I can’t think of a more miraculous one than Mirko vs Minotauro. This was for the interim HW title between at the time the two baddest men on earth not named Fedor Emelianenko.

Cro Cop was putting on a masterclass in striking and takedown defense, working on a shutout, pitching a perfect game, and nearly finishing the fight in the last seconds of the round before Nog was saved by the bell.

Then after a dozen desperate failed attempts Nog finally gets a takedown, and the rest is history. It was something out of a Rocky movie….

crocopbignog_45708.jpg

Mirkos face here tells the story, he knows he let it slip right through his fingers.
maxresdefault.jpg

I know the other obvious example is Anderson versus Chael, but in that fight you always had a feeling that Anderson could end it at any moment, and Chael was expected to lose, although very few thought it would happen by submission.

As one was watching Cro Cop versus Nogueira there was a feeling of hopelessness the entire fight, I was rooting for Mirko but I remember feeling sorry for Nog and just wanting it to be over… and then it was. Just an epic moment in mma’s short history.
Overeem, take your pick.

Scroggins. Guy seemed to always be dominating and then he would make a dumb decision

That gobshite who spent the last 2 minutes of his fight with O'Malley wrestling him on the ground, despite O'Malleys foot being snapped and hanging off his calf

you failed to mention he shot the TD that made it a grappling exchange.

Imagine being in his corner, you'd be losing your mind

Just rematches and its worse than I remember.
3m30seconds left is when it happens.

Sean actually gets up again after the TD and is hoping around on one leg until Andre shots another TD.

Hard to beat this

Thiago Alves had been beating up Kampmann for the entire fight, and with one minute left in the fight he chooses to go for a takedown for some godforsaken reason (edit: apparantly according to Werdun his coach told him to shoot a TD lmao)

alveskampmann.gif

I'd love to see partial score cards as I had Kampmann winning. I was there so didn't have commentary which can really change perceptions.

Unfortunately for Yan, it wasn't Pride rules.

GleamingScarceDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Fuck that's brutal.

Unlike basically every other that is all Yan.

Last edited:
Crocop didnt snatch defeat "from the clutches of victory"

Nogueira decided to go on offensive,instead of survival mode,and put everything he had into that takedown,and it paid off.

It wouldnt be the first time,or the last.

Unfortunately for Yan, it wasn't Pride rules.

GleamingScarceDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

I think that strike should be legal, but also fuck Yan for that, he absolutely deserved to lose the belt to a DQ from that shit.

Carwin vs Lesnar. Carwin rocked Lesnar early, and he went for the kill too hard gassing himself out to this:

sv6ey0.gif

Back