So after seeing Bisping on a big card, what's your dream commentary team?

Goldie, Rogan and Mike Tyson plus the Din Thomas insight. Guy is like an oracle.

I like Bisping but he didn't have a very good night. Maybe put it down to last minute replacement or 1st ppv but he is much better on smaller cards. However, id love to hear him with Rogan just for a laugh.

Anik, Felder, and Tank Abbott

Bobcat Goldthwait

Oscar de le Hoya

Rachel Maddow

Most of them are fine. Just Rogan and DC are absolutely horrible either together or seperate.

Schiavello and Brian Stann

Brian Stann and Paul Felder.

And if someone absolutely needs to tell me about Condom Depot, Corn Nuts, and Vampire Sexuality then they can bring Goldie back.

Some rose tinted glasses on folks for sure . Bas is funny and knows a lot about fighting but for some reason the latter didn't show in his commentary intentional or not.

Bas got on my nerves.
He made everything about him.

Good MMA personality, bad commentator.

Fire the 5'3" manlet, hire Bas Rutten and Steven Quadros.

Bisping said some stupid things that a professional commentator would never say. He isn't the worst one though.

professional commentators do play by play, Bisping is a colour commentator which is usually a position for former players/coaches who don’t have a broadcast background.

professional commentators do play by play, Bisping is a colour commentator which is usually a position for former players/coaches who don’t have a broadcast background.
Actually both are professional commentators. Definition of professional commentator= one who gets paid to commentate.

They need to not make comments about who they think is winning the fight. Commentate on the actual action and forget about scoring.
We don't have this issue in normal sports because they have points to show the winners at the time.

I am sick of sitting there being told "So and So is winning the fight and is up two rounds" and they completely fail to comment on great strikes, etc because they keep going on about it. Comment in the break between rounds and then give me a play by play of the actual fight, not your opinion on the winner. I should be hearing "Double jab from Rob as Izzy slips back and counters with a low kick" or "Rob hit's another takedown, Izzy scrambles and works towards the cage" Not Izzy is winning the fight and Rob needs a finish 10x as he hits a takedown and is catching Izzy. He might be winning, but that isn't when you should mention that. You are ignoring one fighters success and trying to play judge. Commentate the fight, Don't score it.

Back