So re-watch FEDOR/NOG 1.....

It's funny that people have to hold onto an armbar that Jones not only ended escaping and not getting submitted by, but then later ended up submitting his opponent himself with an arm lock, as proof that Jones would get submitted by someone. Even though Jones hasn't ever been submitted in any other fight either.

Instead of talking about hypotheticals, how about Big Nog ACTUALLY getting his arm snapped by a semi-conscious Frank Mir and then again by Werdum?
Jon Jones would murder a prime Nog. Lol.

james3.gif

Jon Jones would murder a prime Nog. Lol.

Jones couldnt murder a bum ass Anthony Smith who has been stopped 12 times in his career. And somehow Jones is going to murder Prime Nog? The same Nog who fought top 10 HWs from 1999- 2008 without being stopped????Fuck outta here.

Arona was an undefeated openweight ADCC champion.......

Randleman got submitted 30 seconds later........

Oh, and which 285 lb HW has Jon Jones ever had the balls to fight?

Yeah, right... I remember. Zero.

You a new fan of MMA?
Hahahaha youre pathetic and clutching at straws. When any of them are on the level of daniel cormier come talk to me you clown

Last edited:
Arona was an undefeated openweight ADCC champion.......

Randleman got submitted 30 seconds later........

Oh, and which 285 lb HW has Jon Jones ever had the balls to fight?

Yeah, right... I remember. Zero.

You a new fan of MMA?
LOLLLLL
Please stop .... theyre not even close to JJ's level. There's parallels between those opponents and Jon Jones. Rampage/Shogun. Theres levels to this shit you should learn it.
Its embarassing to argue with you because you don't have the knowledge

Bonds’s perjury charge was dropped and obstruction of justice charge was successfully overturned.

You Hank and Babe fans are pathetic.
im not sure why but this is overwhelmingly hilarious

Pulsing Jones in Pride... Shoot, someone might died... he already tries soccer kicks and knees, could you imagine them legal...
yeah its hard to make an argument that Jones wouldnt dominate. Fedor only one with even a glimmer of hope of winning

Fedor had to cheat to beat the Law, a natural mw, so maybe you should stfu.

Big Nog is overrated. Werdum would submit him on the ground anytime.

Jon Jones would dismantle any version of fedor
tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gif

fedor5.gif

4_medium_medium.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

any version

Only gifs from 2010 onwards...

giphy.gif

that's why though, as a grappler or a striker he would be a tough fight, he used to grind people out with grappling heavy gameplans early in his career and the nubs dont realize that fold to his game is what opened up the wild striking when he was in his prime and as he descended it devolved into the random brawling we see now

Yes that is correct.

The takedown threat is why Fedor could decimate on the feet (along with the speed, explosiveness, and power). Once Fedor stopped being able to grapple (you have to assume he's not dumb enough to abandon his best asset on purpose), the takedown threat was gone and anyone could face him as if it were a kickboxing match.

Fedor the kickboxer is nowhere near as good as 2002 grappler Fedor.

Yup the guy who got stiffed by a washed up dan Henderson would beat Jones for sure

and people dont think that Fedor wont THROW jones around like he did Nogeira??!!
Thesse Jones loving fans are fuckin dilirious.
Dude never even been up to HW and been CHEATING his whole career.
He's just gonna go down in History like Bonds, Palmeiro, Sosa, McGuire, Silva, Barnett, JON JONES.....FUCKIN CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!
I think Prime Fedor would absolutely destroy Jones.

But Fedor now is too old to compete.

Vitor Belfort got an armbar from the guard on Jones. Even the Nog that fought Randy would rip his arm off. Christian Fedor who fought bigfoot would LHK Jones.
big difference in fighting a guy you assume will never go for an armbar vs assuming guys will try them on you.

Fedor got dummied by Maldonado..... What would Jones do?

Jones couldnt murder a bum ass Anthony Smith who has been stopped 12 times in his career. And somehow Jones is going to murder Prime Nog? The same Nog who fought top 10 HWs from 1999- 2008 without being stopped????Fuck outta here.

brutal ownage

Fedor is lucky prime Arona wasn't fighting HW.
Fedor also ducked prime Sapp!

Fedor's amazing ability to transition from striking to clinch/TDs was for a long time completely without peer until Cain/DC came to town, and someone could make an argument Fedor's ability was even better.

That being said, I don't think you can really take data from Fedor/Nog 1 to say how he would do against Jones. I honestly think Fedor/Nog 3 is a better fight for that.

Nog had good boxing for the time, but a fairly limited striking game by Jones's standards, Brazilian-level wrestling, and I think a six inch reach difference compared to Jones.

I think prime Fedor would have had a good chance against an earlier version of Jones, but not sure about today's Jones. He seems to have tightened up his striking defence a lot and extended his bag of tricks with his kicks. He wouldn't be without a chance but it would be unlikely imo.

It's a different caliber of fighter. It's unfair to compare fighters from different eras. They were still hammerfisting on the ground in guard when Fedor was in his prime. Then again the mightiest hammer of doom strike was in the UFC.

Last edited:
Back