So Ryan Garcia won.....

He only missed weight about 3 (something) lbs and they both rehydrated back to their optimal weight for fight night. I don't think the weight cut difference would have mattered too much since there are other fighters (especially in MMA but weight cutting is weight cutting) who tend to cut more (percentage basis) but still have no problems performing optimally.

Plus Haney has experience making even 135 so 140 shouldn't have been a killer task for him.

Unless his frame is growing bigger to the point where even making 140 is getting hard for him...

Maybe both fighters should run it back?
If 3 pounds was not so much then why didn't garcia even attempt to sweat it off? He even said he wasn't gonna deplete himself by trying to make the weight. He never intended to make weight. He knew haney would drain himself to abide by the terms of the contract. So, Garcia figured "let haney come in drained, and I won't even try and make the weight and i'm gonna have a huge advantage over him come fight time."

Garcia is a classless, unsportsmanlike pos.

They wouldn’t have to do if somebody let them know clinching was part of boxing?

If Duran, Holyfield or Hopkins were fighting today, they wouldn’t even be allowed to box.

Also, why are you being an asshat when we could have a civil conversation?

As if Duran and Holy's clinching was anything like Haney's.

They used clinching tactically and aggressively. Haney clinches like a little bitch, just hanging on and surviving and doing everything to avoid engaging, to the point where a DQ would have been reasonable vs Garcia.

Back