So who wins Islam or Arman?

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Armans win against Oliveira didn't look too convincing although rewatching it,Id clearly give the win to Arman.

Islam has shown he may struggle against shorter wrestlers with a full camp and Islam isn't as good off his back as Oliveira so Arman might have more chances to apply gnp.

That being said Islam is champ for a reason and he's shown a very advanced striking arsenal that I don't think Arman can match. Who do we think wins?

I think Islam is able to get back up if taken down and there won't be any significant time of control for Arman. I think Islam wins a low output striking match with a lot of clinch work happening

IDK, I want to say Arman because he's young and he keeps getting better but Islam isn't fading himself. The problem is he seems to have low fight IQ. IDK how you get caught in a chokehold by Oliveira when your that much stronger than him and you have the wrestling advantage...

I think Islam will find a way to beat him.

Arman could spark him out cold. Should be a good, competitive fight.

It was competitive the first time and both have gotten better. I’d expect it to be competitive again. I’d lean Islam to take a decision, think he’s just a little more complete and has the better fight iq. Wouldn’t be shocked if Arman won though. Hope to see it by the end of the year. Awesome fight.

I've noticed Islam's striking improve more since their fight than I have Arman's, cardio wise I think Islam is still the better man. Their wrestling could very likely nullify each other's like in their first bout, but I do feel like Islam is more potent from top also. That said, if Armans cardio is on point and he's willing to come forward, be aggressive and take risks he does have the defensive wrestling to make Islam uncomfortable standing like Volk did. Really Khabib and Islam both rarely ever fought guys who could stand up to their wrestling and when they did? They struggled.

Islam melts him as the fight goes longer, Armans body language looks terrible when pushed.

Islam, I am confident even Do Bronx would of plucked a submission on him if it was 5 rounds

Islam seems better (but by a smaller margin than he's better than most other people)

Islam's better everywhere. They already grappled last time, and Arman did a decent job of avoiding too much damage, but is just outmatched in the wrestling and grappling, hasn't become any more of a submission threat since then, and Islam's striking has gotten significantly more dangerous.

It's certainly possible for Arman to take some more chances and be more aggressive and hope to land something big, but he'd have to open himself up and make himself more likely to get finished as well, but that's still his best bet.

BTW, let's slow down because Islam still has to get by Poirier, who is much more of finishing threat than Arman, and can still get a finish even if he's losing up to that point.

Makhachev wins pretty easily. He's way too susceptible to submissions and he doesn't have the stand up to hang with Islam.

To me it feels like Islam has improved more than Arman since the first fight.

Until I see Islam lose (legitimately) I'll pick him every single time. (Or unless he fights at WW)

Back